Install Solar on the Roof? How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Solar on the Roof? How?

I am sure this has been asked before sorry for the repeat question, but I have a 2021 22 mle with solar prep., how do I secure the panel to the roof? Can I mount it wherever I want?

Kc67 Welcome to the Family and the forum!

Have you found the Solar part of the forum? There you will find many, many discussions related to you question and probably more than you ever wanted to know about solar from start to finish.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Kc67 View Post
      I am sure this has been asked before sorry for the repeat question, but I have a 2021 22 mle with solar prep., how do I secure the panel to the roof? Can I mount it wherever I want?
      I second Jerry's welcome! Please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members That letter will hopefully provide the tips and tricks needed to get the most from your time here.

I'm also going to move your question to it's own thread. As you'll learn in the Welcome Letter, one topic per thread is the norm. (No worries--you're new--easy enough for me to move this.)

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Kc67 View Post
        Kc67 Welcome. To answer your question just follow the panel manufacturers instruction on mounting. You can probably mount where you want, but consider access on your roof to other components and how you will run the wiring. In other words leave a safe walking path. I am not familiar with your specific model, but you can probably just screw them to the roof. Use butyl tape underneath the mount, Stainless steel screws or what was provided, and then self leveling lap sealant over the top of the screws. Use the excellent search feature here too, but be very specific with you search criteria. In the middle of the search bar is a little down arrow. Click it and you will see and advance search feature.

Here are a couple of threads on your topic.
        https://gdrvowners.com/forum/solar/5...tripping-holes
        https://gdrvowners.com/forum/solar/7...for-the-panels

There are lots more

Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X