How to mount license plate on 2600RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to mount license plate on 2600RB

My 2022 2600RB has a black bracket where the license plate goes, but no hardware. Screws wouldn't work as the bracket only has eye slots, not actual threaded holes. I could get a really short bolt and nut, but that seems like overkill. Am I missing a part?

I used two short bolt’s and put them in backwards so the nut goes on the outside. I used something I had laying around but I think they make actual plastic nut’s and bolts for the purpose.

16 Pairs Nylon License Plate Cover Screws License Plate Holder Bolts for Motorcycle and Bike Fastening License Plates, Frames and Covers https://a.co/d/45qfFwf
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by jimgoings View Post
      My 2022 2600RB has a black bracket where the license plate goes, but no hardware. Screws wouldn't work as the bracket only has eye slots, not actual threaded holes. I could get a really short bolt and nut, but that seems like overkill. Am I missing a part?
      I did the same as Niel Short bolts from the back side. I did use a bit of lock-tite on the threads or you can use a locking nut of some sort. Lots of vibration back there and I do not want the plate blowing off.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks ncitro - I ordered the plastic bolts you linked to. Seems strange to me that they don't provide the hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
          I used two short bolt’s and put them in backwards so the nut goes on the outside. I used something I had laying around but I think they make actual plastic nut’s and bolts for the purpose.

16 Pairs Nylon License Plate Cover Screws License Plate Holder Bolts for Motorcycle and Bike Fastening License Plates, Frames and Covers https://a.co/d/45qfFwf

I too did this, but first I used a hack saw to cut a slot in the end of the bolt, so I could hold it with a screw driver while I tightened the nut.

PineconeNW
          Reflection 297RSTS 2021
          Chevrolet K2500 Duramax LBZ 2007
          https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Comment

I did the same thing as the other members mentioned except my license plate screws were $30,000.00 but they came with a free trailer.
            2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

I used two short bolt’s and put them in backwards so the nut goes on the outside.
              This is the way mine was setup when I purchased it. When I installed the new plates it was a little challenging, but it worked. I have had similar challenges with all of the travel trailers I have owned, don't know if there is a better design.
              Blessings,
              Kevin & Tracy
              2021 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB
              2016 Chevy Silverado 1500

Comment

At one time there was a carriage style bolt for the plates. I think I found them at one of the local parts stores. Otherwise, the dealer installed bolts and nuts when they put on their free advertising when we left the lot.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

I’ll have to admit that this is the dumbest thing I experienced in my short RV life so far. The idea of drilling holes in a brand new RV to attach a license plate escapes me. Hope I dont hit something important
                  2018 RAM 3500 Long Horn, 2023 Solitude 390RK

Comment

Originally posted by jimgoings View Post
                    Thanks ncitro - I ordered the plastic bolts you linked to. Seems strange to me that they don't provide the hardware.
                    We ordered a new Lincoln SUV last year and there was no hardware for the plate!

Jim
                    Jim and Ginnie
                    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                    X