Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5th Wheel storage. Plastic shelf next to passenger side compartment door cracked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th Wheel storage. Plastic shelf next to passenger side compartment door cracked

In a thought less design moment, GD used a PLASTIC recessed or sunken shelf located immediately next to the passenger side compartment door. Of course, it cracked at each attachment screw due to road vibrations. Since 5th wheel is still under warranty, I had to take it to a dealer for this repair and some other minor items. That was over a month ago and the dealer, formerly Orangewood RV in Sun City Az. , now purchased by Lazy Days, says it may be weeks longer before they can even take their initial look. When I asked the service rep if they could order a replacement part to reduce the delay, I was told that because of paperwork that was not possible. (why should they be concerned about customer wait time) SERVICE DELAYED IS SERVICE DENIED. Grand Design has to provide other vendors to service their warranty claims if their dealer is obviously non-viable. How many months should I have to wait for routine warranty repairs ?

You could also contact Grand Design Customer Service and see if they will send you a new part. Explain the situation to them, have your VIN with you also.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

If you call GD customer service I believe they will authorize other dealers. My fridge recall was done by a dealership that doesn't sell GD. I called the GD dealer and they said it would take 7 months before they would look at it. (Wasn't stated but it's because I didn't buy from them)So I got it done at another dealer. GD customer service had me send them the contact info for the dealer I wanted to use. Fairly painless other than the initial frustration with the GD dealer. Don't know if that would work for a list of repairs....
      IMO, minor repairs are done by myself so the trailer doesn't have to sit at a dealership for weeks.

Come to think of it....both saddle boxes on our trailer cracked. GD sent me replacement parts and I replaced them myself.
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Thanks for the reply and suggestions. Just wondering if the cracks in the saddle boxes (sounds like the right label) is recurring or if there is a better fix that I don't have to fabricate.

Comment

Originally posted by FredT View Post
          Thanks for the reply and suggestions. Just wondering if the cracks in the saddle boxes (sounds like the right label) is recurring or if there is a better fix that I don't have to fabricate.
          Do a search (as shown below) and check out what other owners have done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	83
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	126572
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If you'd like to replace it yourself, you can send an email to GDRV requesting a price for the part. P/N is 560039. I'm attaching a part number listing for your 2022 341RDS. Send your email to the following address with your VIN:

retailparts@granddesignrv.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	80
Size:	362.8 KB
ID:	126576​Jim
            Attached Files
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by FredT View Post
              In a thought less design moment, GD used a PLASTIC recessed or sunken shelf located immediately next to the passenger side compartment door. Of course, it cracked at each attachment screw due to road vibrations. Since 5th wheel is still under warranty, I had to take it to a dealer for this repair and some other minor items. That was over a month ago and the dealer, formerly Orangewood RV in Sun City Az. , now purchased by Lazy Days, says it may be weeks longer before they can even take their initial look. When I asked the service rep if they could order a replacement part to reduce the delay, I was told that because of paperwork that was not possible. (why should they be concerned about customer wait time) SERVICE DELAYED IS SERVICE DENIED. Grand Design has to provide other vendors to service their warranty claims if their dealer is obviously non-viable. How many months should I have to wait for routine warranty repairs ?
              I was too cheap to buy a replacement. so I glued mine back together and reinforced the bottom. was not that hard. and I spotted an fixed a wiring issue while I was at it. No issues since. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...dle-box-repair

Hope this helps
              Keith
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
              X