Found something under the sink area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TedS View Post

Bang. It's not a propane detector. A propane detector is not placed close to anything propane to detect a leak. It is placed in the living space to warn occupants of a build up of propane.
    Ya got me. Yes, I looked at another video tour and it looks like the detector is next to the dinette seating wall on a slide out. I still want to know that that thing is though.

EDIT: Well maybe not. I just read the installation instructions for MTI propane detectors

This Detector is UL® listed for installation in
    recreational vehicles. Install this Detector near sources
    of a potential gas leak. Some potential sources are a
    furnace, water heater, stove or oven.​
    Last edited by ajg617; 01-22-2024, 11:17 PM.
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

ajg617 -- a detector was my first thought, too, for the reason/location you state.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

And, besides everything going on with your question: Welcome to the Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by ajg617 View Post

Ya got me. Yes, I looked at another video tour and it looks like the detector is next to the dinette seating wall on a slide out. I still want to know that that thing is though.

EDIT: Well maybe not. I just read the installation instructions for MTI propane detectors

This Detector is UL® listed for installation in
          recreational vehicles. Install this Detector near sources
          of a potential gas leak. Some potential sources are a
          furnace, water heater, stove or oven.​
          It was a long shot, high and wide. The detector is my trailer is on the outside of the cabinet with the cooktop and near the floor. It will detect a leak from the cooktop, oven, refrigerator, and furnace.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

It’s a GPS tracker called recovr , the dealership I bought from installs on all there trailers and motorhomes So they can keep track of them . I guess they leave it on and I can download the app and use it if I want . I’m gonna take it off .

Comment

Originally posted by gto1970 View Post
              It’s a GPS tracker called recovr , the dealership I bought from installs on all there trailers and motorhomes So they can keep track of them . I guess they leave it on and I can download the app and use it if I want . I’m gonna take it off .
              Thanks for the update and resolution! Safe Travels!
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I would check your invoice to see if they charged you for it - they run just under $1500 I believe.
                2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn

Comment

Seems an odd device to install without getting consent of the trailer owner.
                  2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                  2021 303RLS
                  Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240122_150954_Chrome.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	127472 It's for your tire linc temperature pressure monitoring system(TPMS).
                    I believe it’s called the “tire pressure monitoring system”.
                    Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                      Seems an odd device to install without getting consent of the trailer owner.
                      I've read some auto dealerships (large) are using them for 'lot' control to expedite sales deliveries and as a theft 'deterrent' then passing the cost (not negotiable) on to the customer as a mandatory fee. I don't know how much of a deterrent it would be but it reportedly can coordinate directly with law enforcement. It does seem like an odd device to permanently install in an RV at the dealership level without a customer knowing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ajg617 View Post

I've read some auto dealerships (large) are using them for 'lot' control to expedite sales deliveries and as a theft 'deterrent' then passing the cost (not negotiable) on to the customer as a mandatory fee. I don't know how much of a deterrent it would be but it reportedly can coordinate directly with law enforcement. It does seem like an odd device to permanently install in an RV at the dealership level without a customer knowing about it.
                        The dealer I bought my tow vehicle from installs something like this on every vehicle and charges $300 for it. I insisted they remove it and credit me, but they refused, saying it's company policy. I bought the vehicle and when I got home removed it (It just plugged into the OBD port). They claimed that it would somehow benefit me because I could use an app (which required purchasing) to track my van (not sure why I would need that, I'm the only one who drives it and always know where it is). Since they were so insistent it had to be in the vehicle, I suspect they get paid by some data mining company who sells the usage data. I can see where data about how often an RV is used, how far and where it goes would be of value to someone. I just don't like being tracked, either with or especially without my permission.

Comment

Don't over look the finance companies. Someone can't make the payments, they know where to find the trailer.
                          2018 Reflection 315RLTS
                          2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Comment

Originally posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
                            Don't over look the finance companies. Someone can't make the payments, they know where to find the trailer.
                            Good point. But...then you get into privacy expectations etc. Anyway, that's for a different type of forum to discuss. It could go political WAY too easily. lol
                            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                            2021 303RLS
                            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

I am very interested in this GPS tracker.

Did the dealer give you the information on this when you purchased from them? or did you call them after posting here to find out that is what it is?

Brian
                              Brian & Michelle
                              2018 Reflection 29RS
                              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

I am very interested in this GPS tracker.

Did the dealer give you the information on this when you purchased from them? or did you call them after posting here to find out that is what it is?

Brian
                                Here's a good summary link. The company is young but seems to be hitting the auto dealerships well. https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...Business-Model

Comment

Working...
                                X