No announcement yet.

Electric Jack - Clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before drilling holes and injecting grease or oil, has any one found a cross-section drawing of the jack, or maybe a labled parts diagram? Might be nice to know what is on the other side of the piece of metal your drilling through.

On Edit: My concern at a minimum would be the little burr that drilling would leave on the inside face of the metal and whether this burr would interfere with any moving parts. Another concern would be drilling through into something that should be drilled into like a threaded surface or a ball bearing ring.
    Last edited by JBill9694; 04-06-2024, 01:24 PM.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

https://images.etrailer.com/static/i...225829_800.jpg
      2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
        Before drilling holes and injecting grease or oil, has any one found a cross-section drawing of the jack, or maybe a labled parts diagram? Might be nice to know what is on the other side of the piece of metal your drilling through.
        Trying to get ready for a camping trip. Hopefully in the next week I will try to make a cut away of the jack to show where a grease hole could be added, just going to need a little time.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Although that picture is similar it is for a different jack system than what is currently used. The current jacks are seperate and do not have any gears at the top as shown in that picture.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I think if you are spraying you want the hole as low as possible, if using tube grease you probably want it as high as possible. The difference being you will tend to end up with too much grease on top of the nut and it will run down the side and out the hole, spraying you want the lube to pile up at the nut but you won't end up with so much that it wants to run down the side and out the hole.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240406_100546_Google.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	131574

My idea is to drill through the stop tab below the motor. This an unused tab. The other tab is on the opposite side of the outer tube and supports the leg. Extending the inner leg below this tab will expose the screw to be able to spray it.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

My earlier build landing gear (both struts driven by one motor) have zerk grease fittings. These fittings feed large spaces so it is not like "normal" greasing of a bushing or bearing. You can put 30 or more pumps of grease into these cavities without filling them. One fills to space above the crimped in place centering plate and the other fills the space below but above the jack nut. (See Etrailer drawing linked to earlier post). I found an Etrailer listing of struts like mine and added dimensions taken from my struts. Note that one zerk is centred and one is off to one side.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 12.23.40 PM.png
Views:	52
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	131579 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3427.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	131580
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I'm not sure I'd want to fill that variable volume with grease.
                  Ted
                  2021 Reflection 310RLS
                  2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                  X