TCL TV Turns on when connecting to shore power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Altavilla View Post
    I find this to be more than just an annoyance, we dry camp 100% of the time. if I need to start the generator at night to run the heat, the tv blasts and wakes everybody up.
    Hi Joe, and welcome to Grand Design's (Technical) Owners' Forum.

We think there's a fix for your TV--check out https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...here-s-the-fix

There's a lot more here to discover and a great way to orient yourself is to check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
    Last edited by howson; 12-07-2023, 06:23 PM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

That reset worked for me. The television no longer turns on when power is applied.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I will have to try the television reset one of these days when I feel like logging back in to all my streaming services. Until then I have implemented a lazy adaptation of howson recommendation of a switched outlet. I took the lazy approach not wanting to do any electrical work. I used a switched 4-outlet power strip. Turn the strip off when packing up and turn it on when ready to watch TV.

Also allows me to use the cubby as a charging station for other things like the MiFi, Bluetooth speaker, old smartphone that is my music streamer, etc . . .

The 'on at shore power connection' was not a big deal for me. Our big problem is/was the TV liked to come on in the middle of the night. Until now we had to be sure to turn the volume all the way down. One night it came on and we thought someone else was in the trailer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210626_170244355.jpg
Views:	933
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	59054
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Thank you for this information! The reset seems to have solved my issue too.

Comment

Our TCL tv. comes on in the middle of the night as well, huh?????? have not found a solution to that yet other than unplugging it. Hopefully it will die before too long and we will replace it.

Dave
            flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Bayley has finally figured out the remote?
              John
              2018 Momentum 395M
              2018 Ram 3500 Dually
              Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by flyfshrockies View Post
                Our TCL tv. comes on in the middle of the night as well, huh?????? have not found a solution to that yet other than unplugging it. Hopefully it will die before too long and we will replace it.

Dave
                Doing a system reset worked for me. No more TV turning on when first connecting to shore power and other apparent random times.
                Ted
                2021 Reflection 310RLS
                2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

We have done the reset twice now, might try again. If Bayley is the culprit there will be no more animal planet for him!

Dave
                  flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Hi,
                    I'm a new member. We just upgraded from a 21 foot Jayco 195rb to an Imagine 2670mk. Our TCL Roku TV would turn on every time we plugged into shore power. I found this forum while searching for the answer. I see there are other posts on the subject, but none with a definitive answer. One post had a broken link to an answer and folks replied that a reset worked. I want to elaborate on that.

When we got our camper last month, the TV was already set up but was still in 'Store' mode (or demo mode). It makes sense that if you have 30 TV's on display you want them all to go on when you turn the power on. So I went into the settings and took it off of 'Store' mode. That didn't help the power on problem.

I saw mention of a hard reset, so I held in the reset button on the side to do so. It prompted me for the language and some other stuff - so it looked like the reset worked. But it didn't help the power on problem.

I went into the Settings menu on the Roku Home screen and found the Factory Reset there. It made me enter a 4-digit number to make sure that I really did want a reset. Once done it lead me though setup screens that did not come up when I held the reset button in. One option was 'Store' or 'Home' mode. Obviously, I picked Home mode.

Problem solved ! It seems to me that when you take if off of 'Store' Mode in the settings there is a bug that doesn't turn off the 'Power-on' option.

Hope this helps somebody. On to the next problem !
                    Dale and Kathy
                    2024 Imagine 2670mk; WeighSafe WD Hitch
                    2024 Silverado HD3500 High Country 6.6L Gas10 speed Allison

Comment

Originally posted by DaleAndKathy View Post
                      Hi,
                      I'm a new member. We just upgraded from a 21 foot Jayco 195rb to an Imagine 2670mk. Our TCL Roku TV would turn on every time we plugged into shore power. I found this forum while searching for the answer. I see there are other posts on the subject, but none with a definitive answer. One post had a broken link to an answer and folks replied that a reset worked. I want to elaborate on that.

When we got our camper last month, the TV was already set up but was still in 'Store' mode (or demo mode). It makes sense that if you have 30 TV's on display you want them all to go on when you turn the power on. So I went into the settings and took it off of 'Store' mode. That didn't help the power on problem.

I saw mention of a hard reset, so I held in the reset button on the side to do so. It prompted me for the language and some other stuff - so it looked like the reset worked. But it didn't help the power on problem.

I went into the Settings menu on the Roku Home screen and found the Factory Reset there. It made me enter a 4-digit number to make sure that I really did want a reset. Once done it lead me though setup screens that did not come up when I held the reset button in. One option was 'Store' or 'Home' mode. Obviously, I picked Home mode.

Problem solved ! It seems to me that when you take if off of 'Store' Mode in the settings there is a bug that doesn't turn off the 'Power-on' option.

Hope this helps somebody. On to the next problem !
                      Thanks--I fixed the link in post 16. It should have gone here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...here-s-the-fix

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum! Always makes me smile when a "first post" is a helpful input.
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                      X