Announcement

Collapse

Need help?

Please include the year, make and model of your GDRV ("2019 Reflection 315RLTS") along with the make and model of the component with the issue ("Dometic RM1350 refrigerator", "Furrion FMCM15-BL microwave", etc) in your question.
See more
See less

Surge Protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Refclown View Post

I was just looking were to hardwire mine in as well. I removed the power panel, but access was NOT that good...its a wiring mess. I was looking at removing the outside power plug and making the wiring connections there and feeding the wires forward to the area under the sink. Was there enough slack in the existing wiring to the plug, to make the necessary connections?
    Well in my 22MLE there was enough room to mount the PWD-30EP0 under the sink. I removed the power outlet connection and cut the cable. Then wired the plug to the PWD input and spliced in the output to the wiring going to the power panel. OEM wire size and color (orange) is available at Lowes (in my case). I did add an extension to the plug side and of course added wire to reach from the output to where I originally cut into the factory wiring. I used Ideal "in-sure" wire connectors (model # 30-1039) to make my splices. wire gauge #10AWG. EZ to access/remove if needed and behind the sink door to shade the "dog". Please note, these are for solid gauge wire, unlike the similar style used on stranded wire at the water heater connections.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
    2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by JHC View Post
      Proud new owner of a 22MLE. I have been reading up and it appears a good surge protector is warranted. They seem very expensive but so is the TT. Any recommendations on a good one, either plug in or hard-wired. Thank you.
      FWIW, I’ve had good luck with the Surge Guard brand, however, like many other RV items, different people have preferences for different brands. The only thing I feel strong about is, if your going to use one, you might as well get a high quality model. I had one a couple of years ago that interrupted what appeared to be a significant problem with the shore power post
      and it appears to have saved a ton of damage to our RV as it was totaled/toasted when I plugged it in and the Campsite Managment sent out an electrician and he all but rebuilt the entire post. 😫. You will hear others that say they don’t use one at all and have never a problem, so do as you please.
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
      GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
      SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Thanks. I did buy one and it works great.
        John and Lori
        2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
        2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Working...
        X