No announcement yet.

Tire Linc Prep Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again. kudos to Grand Design Customer Service. When I was on the phone earlier, I asked if they had an approved fix or technical service bulletin related to this and if so to please send it to me. They sent it almost immediately. Attached is Grand Design's TSB 21-001 to appropriately fix this issue. Oddly enough, this is the exact alternate solution I had decided on as my "work around". Looks easy enough for most with the skills. For folks not comfortable with this type of work, best bet is to bring it to a repair facility.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is, by far, the best responses to a forum post I've seen; everyone has been extremely helpful, and I love the reach-back support to GD!

I've had my GD Imagine since April, and just now ran into an issue where the Lippert Repeater is not receiving power. Before I reach out to GD, I'm going to use the post from Navyrep1 to see if I can figure out what happened (from the prior posts, it's likely a loose wire somewhere). I like the other posts indicating the need for a toggle switch, to keep this unit from pulling direct from the battery full-time. Might install one of those while I'm at it.

Again, thanks gang!!
      Dan

Comment

Guess I should have read this thread before opening the front wall on my 2910BH passthru. I also have the inappropriate wiring for the TireLinc prep.

Comment

Originally posted by trecakuca View Post
          Guess I should have read this thread before opening the front wall on my 2910BH passthru. I also have the inappropriate wiring for the TireLinc prep.
          Lots to learn here from the experiences of other owners. That's the whole point of this forum: owners-helping-owners. That's why it's not only questions but answers (or "There I Was" stories so others don't repeat mistakes!) that are encouraged here.

Noted that was your first post, so to get the most from your time on the forum consider taking a few minutes to read through the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X