• Reflection 297 plug hanging under bottom

What is this connection for?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	287
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	99255

Gary & Angela, Southwest Ohio | 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD
    2023 Reflection 297RSTS | EMS-HW50C | Micro Air Easy Starts | MORryde X-Factor crossmember x3 | Pepwave | Hot Water Recirculation | Haloview BT7 | Security & Surveillance systems | Govee Water Leak detection
    www.stormpod.org

Originally posted by StormPod View Post

I cant tell from the picture what kind of plug it is (120V or 12V) Did you buy the trailer used? Maybe a few more photos would help. If you did buy used maybe contact the dealer and give the previous owner a call. Does not look like a factory plug.

If you could fill out your signature providing more rig details that would help too. Also please read the welcome letter. Welcome to the forum.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

I cant tell from the picture what kind of plug it is (120V or 12V) Did you buy the trailer used? Maybe a few more photos would help. If you did buy used maybe contact the dealer and give the previous owner a call. Does not look like a factory plug.

If you could fill out your signature providing more rig details that would help too. Also please read the welcome letter. Welcome to the forum.
      I updated my signature - Thank You for the reminder. I have read the welcome information.
      I am the only owner and bought it new in September. I looked at other units and saw it also, the dealership did not know. I have not found anything in the manuals and no labels near it.
      I am wondering if it may be a service port for the breaks.
      Last edited by StormPod; 11-11-2022, 03:17 PM.
      2023 Reflection 297RSTS | EMS-HW50C | Micro Air Easy Starts | MORryde X-Factor crossmember x3 | Pepwave | Hot Water Recirculation | Haloview BT7 | Security & Surveillance systems | Govee Water Leak detection
      www.stormpod.org

Comment

How many of them are there? One on each side? Could it be for the leveling jacks?

Wonder if that's part of the new ABS system on trailers? It appears both wires are the same color.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2 (Joseph) as usual is spot on! From a draft manual put out by Lippert that does indeed look like the ABS Hub Sensor Connection. All the up-to-date info on the system is here: https://support.lci1.com/lippert-ant...ing-abs-system

Howard

Name:	ABS Hub.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	99276
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Ok Thank You. I do not have ABS but that does look to be the connector.
            www.stormpod.org

Comment

Ok Thank You. I do not have ABS but that does look to be the connector.
              Seems odd there'd be the sensor connection without the rest of the assembly. Why do you think there's no ABS on the trailer? It's a completely independent and separate system from your tow vehicle's brakes. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ube-commercial

Howard
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Could you please get a nice clear picture of the back of the wheel, the backing plate of the brakes to be specific?

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers Yes I will attempt to get that photo tomorrow.
                  www.stormpod.org

Comment

Name:	20221119_160739.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	99899 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221119_160743.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	99900 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221119_160751.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	99901 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221119_160758.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	99902 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221119_160804.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	99903

Update: This is what I got from GD. And the photos that Brian requested.

Good morning,
                    No, this does not need to be connected to anything. It is used to program tires into the ABS system.
                    Regards,
                    Katie | Consumer Relations Manager
                    Grand Design Recreational Vehicles

www.stormpod.org

Comment

Gary,

Those are great pictures. In picture 3 you can see the ABS sensor on the top of the backing plate as well as the "teeth" on the brake drum, front of backing plate picture 3. So we now know how the wheel speed is tracked and the placement of the sensor. Thanks for these pictures.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Your welcome. I would think if my rig had abs it would be advertised.
                        www.stormpod.org

Comment

Your welcome. I would think if my rig had abs it would be advertised.
                          GDRV informed us a few months ago that they were going to start installing ABS in production. So you look to be one of the first. I'm sure their marketing material will be updated soon.

Jim
                          Jim and Ginnie
                          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                          X