Add 2nd AC to a pre preped 2021 Imagine 3110bh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add 2nd AC to a pre preped 2021 Imagine 3110bh

I'm assuming once I take the vent out of the hole, there is just a pig tail ready to plug into the new unit.

Originally posted by Scott Erkelens View Post
    I'm assuming once I take the vent out of the hole, there is just a pig tail ready to plug into the new unit.
    Hi Scott. Welcome to the forum.

Yep, when you pull the vent down, you should see the wiring in the ceiling. There should also be some wires for the thermostat in the wall. They usually put them behind a light switch.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Scott Erkelens welcome to the family and the forum!

When you have a chance, the moderators have taken the time to create a Welcome Letter to help new members navigate the forum, create a signature line and search tips hoping to give members the best possible experience on the forum. You can find it at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

You will find a 110v wire and wires for the thermostat (likely run next to the light switch in the room) It is not a "pig tail ready to plug in" You will have to make the connections to the new unit. The directions I have seen are pretty straightforward though.
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Erkelens View Post

It’s pretty straightforward, hardest part for me was getting it up to the roof lol. I went with a Coleman rather than the same Dometic I have in the living room. It’s much quieter and I like the thermostat more. I got the heat pump version with electric heat strip’s and it’s great for full hookup sites when it’s a little chilly. There will be a 12 gauge romex for 120v, a two conductor 12v wire for power to the thermostat, and a multi conductor wire for wiring the thermostat controls. Make sure you get the right model, you’ll need one for a ducted system and thermostat rather than one with controls on the unit.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
          X