No announcement yet.

Furrion AC Temp Sensor Relocation: Alternative, parts-free method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it was still an issue on my 2023. I did the sensor relocation as described in this thread. No more short cycling but the temp displayed on ac is about 4 degrees higher than room temp now so not perfect but much better than before.
    2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Thanks for the write-up. Did this and fixed my issue as well.

Comment

Here is some shots of 2024 Xplor 265BH wiring and sensors. Looks like there IS a sensor in the control panel AND a sensor still in the return air. The system is still POORLY DESIGNED and takes large swings of temps for HVAC to cycle on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by AZMike View Post

The upgraded parts did fix all of my problems. It appears that they changed the algorithm in the control box, as it fixed my short cycling issues. As far as the new sensor on the "thermostat" that only applies to the furnace, I just installed a adjustable register on the heat outlet near the thermostat and leave it closed. I am very happy with the results with the new parts.
          What upgraded parts are you referring to?
          I also have the same issues as you.
          Any help would be greatly appreciated.
          Rich

Comment

Originally posted by RV2600RB View Post

What upgraded parts are you referring to?
            I also have the same issues as you.
            Any help would be greatly appreciated.
            Rich
            Call GD Customer Service and ask them for the Temperature Sensor Relocation Kit. This kit only applies to the Furrion A/C. Also, you did not post the year of your 2600RB, and if it is a 2022 or newer there is a good possibility that it has these upgraded parts already. One way to tell is to look at the bottom of your thermostat. If there is a little black shiny nub protruding, then that is the sensor for the furnace when you're running in heat mode, and you already have the upgraded parts.
            Mike and (RIP Karen)
            2021 2600RB
            2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

No the T-stat nub at the bottom means the propane heater sensor was moved to the t-stat. The Furrion A/C sensor is still in the body of the A/C return air cavity. I'm not sure if Furrion changed the firmware or something to stop the short cycling on newer units but my 2023 had the short cycle problem also.
              2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Furrion seems to be to RV appliances like MS Windows was to operating systems. Released and installed before all the bugs were worked out of them expecting the public to just roll with it I guess.

Comment

Call GD Customer Service and ask them for the Temperature Sensor Relocation Kit. This kit only applies to the Furrion A/C. Also, you did not post the year of your 2600RB, and if it is a 2022 or newer there is a good possibility that it has these upgraded parts already. One way to tell is to look at the bottom of your thermostat. If there is a little black shiny nub protruding, then that is the sensor for the furnace when you're running in heat mode, and you already have the upgraded parts.
                  It’s a 2021, like yours. No nub on wall controller. Where did you relocate the temp sensor to? Yes, it’s a Furrion a/c. I thought there was an updated wall controller and control box? This is so frustrating, like the coach otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by RV2600RB View Post

It’s a 2021, like yours. No nub on wall controller. Where did you relocate the temp sensor to? Yes, it’s a Furrion a/c. I thought there was an updated wall controller and control box? This is so frustrating, like the coach otherwise.
                    I did not relocate the temp sensor in the plenum, as the new parts fixed my short cycling issue. The kit does include a new "thermostat" and control box. My "thermostat" was originally mounted in the bedroom and I simply moved it to the other side of the wall. I also installed a closable register on the furnace output under the flip up counter top so I can close it because when the furnace runs it blows on the temp sensor on the new thermostat. And yes, the kit consists of a new style thermostat (wall controller) and control box.
                    Mike and (RIP Karen)
                    2021 2600RB
                    2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

That will correct the furnace issue but I believe your A/C will continue to short cycle.

Comment

After explaining this issue to Furrion/Lippert I was told to always run the A/C fan continuously while in A/C mode. So basically they don't want to correct it.

Comment

I did not relocate the temp sensor in the plenum, as the new parts fixed my short cycling issue. The kit does include a new "thermostat" and control box. My "thermostat" was originally mounted in the bedroom and I simply moved it to the other side of the wall. I also installed a closable register on the furnace output under the flip up counter top so I can close it because when the furnace runs it blows on the temp sensor on the new thermostat. And yes, the kit consists of a new style thermostat (wall controller) and control box.
                          Thanks Mike.
                          I’ll give it a shot.
                          Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Reacher View Post
                            After explaining this issue to Furrion/Lippert I was told to always run the A/C fan continuously while in A/C mode. So basically they don't want to correct it.
                            Sure seems like this is the case. If I had the Furrion in my trailer, I'd attempt the modification shown in this (now long!) thread. IMO the long term performance with the thermistor at the thermostat will be much more satisfying versus having the a/c sensor up in the plenum of the air handling unit. (Especially since the new parts don't fix the a/c issue.)

Of course, another choice is to spend big $$$ and swap everything out for an Airxcel Coleman/Mach unit, Dometic or perhaps an even more exotic replacement. This means an all-new roof unit, the air handling plenum, and obviously new thermostat. Not the route I'd go, but it's an option.
                            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                            X