No announcement yet.

Sanitizing and Water Volume Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all of these options for sanitizing the system do y'all flush out the antifreeze first?
    Raymond and Dee Dee
    2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by reubenray View Post
      With all of these options for sanitizing the system do y'all flush out the antifreeze first?
      Yes I do thoroughly then sanitize.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Anti-freeze? who uses that?.....

You guys stick so many chemicals into your drinking water lines.....

Signed
        President of the "Air-only" club...lol

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

Anti-freeze? who uses that?.....

You guys stick so many chemicals into your drinking water lines.....

Signed
          President of the "Air-only" club...lol

To be fair the trailer was winterized when I bought it last November. I have been rv'ing for 10 years and I have never winterized. I lived in the deep south where all I did was blow out my lines and open all faucets. But I now live where it got down to -7 this winter for several days. Factor in the tankless water heater I am afraid to only blow out the lines.
          Raymond and Dee Dee
          2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
          2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

To be fair the trailer was winterized when I bought it last November. I have been rv'ing for 10 years and I have never winterized. I lived in the deep south where all I did was blow out my lines and open all faucets. But I now live where it got down to -7 this winter for several days. Factor in the tankless water heater I am afraid to only blow out the lines.
            With the tankless water heater, particularly with those temps I would absolutely use anti-freeze.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

But I now live where it got down to -7 this winter for several days. Factor in the tankless water heater I am afraid to only blow out the lines.
              Where I live it can get down to -45*...and have been successful with air only for over 25 years.......but......I do not have a tankless water heater and have heard they can be impossible to winterize with air only. So...AF it is.
              My previous comment was more tongue in cheek than anything. Cheers!

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Keep in mind with air only that there is still water in all of the P traps under sinks. My brother-in-law found out what happens when they freeze.
                Mitchell & Kitty
                2022 Imagine 2670MK
                2024 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

Comment

I saw this in the Pentair ShurFlo pump manual, which again lends to 1/4 cup bleach per each 15 gallons of tank capacity, then fill the tank all the way.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Pentair ShurFlo Santize.png
Views:	55
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	131377
                  Attached Files
                  Mike
                  2022 Imagine 2970RL
                  2023 Chevrolet 2500HD Custom

Comment

Working...
                  X