Low hot water pressure gd 395

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low hot water pressure gd 395

We have a 2021 momentum 395 toy hauler and have struggled with low hot water pressure for some time now. It just came out of service, no better.. I've investigated the potential of a bad check valve but there does not seem to be one installed. Also while looking at the heater and panel there did not seem to be any kinked lines. I have also exercised the red handle on the natalus panel several times which seemed to improve it slightly, but it's still weak..

Mtrozera

​​​​​​Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

We should re-vist your determination that you do not have a check valve. Could you post a picture of the water outlet towards the top of the back of your water heater? A Nautilus water system requires this check valve for the water heater bypass to function. At least, this is a place to start . . . there are a number of members on this forum with a lot of experience with every aspect of the Nautilus water system .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Mtrozera View Post
      We have a 2021 momentum 395 toy hauler and have struggled with low hot water pressure for some time now. It just came out of service, no better.. I've investigated the potential of a bad check valve but there does not seem to be one installed. Also while looking at the heater and panel there did not seem to be any kinked lines. I have also exercised the red handle on the natalus panel several times which seemed to improve it slightly, but it's still weak..
      Is the low flow true for all hot water faucets?
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Do you have the standard water heater or a new tankless model?

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Tankless water heater.. see attached pictures
          Attached Files

Comment

I dont see what looks like a check valve??
            Attached Files

Comment

The low flow is on all faucets

Comment

Mtrozera

I had not considered the (relatively new) tankless water heater . . . that adds a new twist. The Nautilus system uses the water heater outlet check valve to prevent backflow into the water heater when bypass is selected. Agreed that I don't see a check valve in your posted pictures.

Over to the guys with tankless water heaters. Jlawles2 Joseph? ncitro Neil?

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Mtrozera

That is the standard tank water heater and NOT a tankless. The check valve in question is located between the hose fitting and the tank , the black item in your picture. This may be the issue. Drain water heater tank, remove the fitting connected to the hose from the tank and then remove the next black plastic item, this is the check valve, and check for obstruction or failure. I would guess that you should be able to blow thru the check valve one way and not the other, it also may be installed backwards.

Brian

Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you. I'll try that.. and thanks for the correction on the tank!

Comment

The yellow is the check valve, the red is the fitting that you would remove.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Inkedcheck valve_LI.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	73871

If you are camping in freezing weather the low point drain may be frozen and this would cause low flow as well.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mtrozera View Post
                          Thank you!!
                          Once you have the plastic check valve removed and checked over, it will be best to replace it with a brass check valve. Plastic types are known to start leaking at sometime.
                          Rudy
                          South Dakota
                          2019 GMC 3500HD Duramax SRW
                          2018 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Mtrozera

Back to the original question . . . is this low water pressure on city water pressure or when running the on-board pump? There is a lot to be learned by installing a "system" water pressure gauge. Have a read through this thread. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-on-city-water

Rob
                            Cate & Rob
                            2015 Reflection 303RLS
                            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I have not delved into the bowl of spaghetti they call plumbing in the camper yet. As for the tankless HWH, there is a minimum flow rate involved, with the low flows described by the OP, it would never activate.

Reading through the descriptions and things done, it almost sounds as if there is an obstruction in the Nautilus panel valve or in the line. OP stated that by cycling the valve the pressure did get better, but not to the level expected.

Might be time to check the regulator output pressure also. Low output pressure under flow conditions could lead to the check valve not opening properly. Also check the outside water port if it has both hot and cold (shower or water hose) as both valve being left open have been known to create strange issues.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X