Replacement or spare water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement or spare water pump

Due to the topic located here Bypassing a water pump - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com) I am thinking of having a spare water pump, thanks Vivian.

If you have replaced or carry a spare already , What do you have? Is stock replacement good enough or is there a better pump?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Hi Brian,

Howard did some research into this a while back and selected what looked like a quality replacement. ( I can’t find this thread at the moment . . . ) A spare pump is also on my list of things to get.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Rob,

Thanks for the memory jog. I found the post Replacement Pump - No Accumulator Needed? - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com). I am assuming Howard replaced the pump with the one listed but the thread sort of died off, hopefully howson will chime in with a report here.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I seem to remember a very pricey pump that looked good on paper but was disappointing in use. I'll try to find thread. Might not be on this site.
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        2021 303RLS
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

It was on another site. The brand was Aqua-jet. Troubles getting it to work right. The report was customer service was a bit lacking as well.
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          2021 303RLS
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Country Campers Be it a good pump or not, for the sake of ease of swapping in the field, I bought the same pump as what was installed from the factory. And rather than have it sit around doing nothing, I use it for my pump when I need to fill the fresh water from my 5 gallon bags. I'll also use it for filling the fresh water from the 60 gal bladder I just bought. Posted this before but here's my spare/refill set-up.Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210711_160724822_copy_1612x1209.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	75483
            Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
            2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
            2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Originally posted by trkester View Post
              Country Campers Be it a good pump or not, for the sake of ease of swapping in the field, I bought the same pump as what was installed from the factory. And rather than have it sit around doing nothing, I use it for my pump when I need to fill the fresh water from my 5 gallon bags. I'll also use it for filling the fresh water from the 60 gal bladder I just bought. Posted this before but here's my spare/refill set-up.Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210711_160724822_copy_1612x1209.jpg Views:	7 Size:	198.8 KB ID:	75483
              Great idea! Nice to use the replacement pump than to have it sitting around.

Can you share a link in where you purchased the parts including the box?

Jim

Comment

Water pump for off grid camping - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com) post 10 has the info.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by trkester View Post
                  Country Campers Be it a good pump or not, for the sake of ease of swapping in the field, I bought the same pump as what was installed from the factory. And rather than have it sit around doing nothing, I use it for my pump when I need to fill the fresh water from my 5 gallon bags. I'll also use it for filling the fresh water from the 60 gal bladder I just bought. Posted this before but here's my spare/refill set-up.Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210711_160724822_copy_1612x1209.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	75483
                  Yeah I have a Shur-Flo brand pump I bought for my fresh water transfer bag as well. I bought it at Camping World probably 20 years ago, but always carry it and figured it would make a spare fresh pump at least "to get me by" if my main one failed until I can sort out what I should buy. Works great as a transfer pump though.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                  2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                  2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I thought I may have seen this before but have been too busy with other things. Like Ice Fishing today.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                    X