Water Filtration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I was thinking of foam backing near the bottom of the filter body so when bouncing down the road they don't twist on the top mounting bracket too much. Did you do anything like that?
    I did reinforce the frame because it seemed too flexible for bouncing down the road. I used blocks of teak (material on hand LOL) screwed to both the vertical and horizontal surfaces. This seems to be holding up well.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2851.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	127249

Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I'll have to check in the garage to see how much scrap teak I have lying around...lol

Did you mount the base to the island floor through those three holes at the front edge?
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy

The removable frame that carries the filtration system slides between two fixed side rails and under a rear cross bar. It is held in this position by the three easily accessible screws. Why there are three? . . . I have no idea . . . two would have been fine . . . three must have seemed like a good idea at the time. More details in post 1 of this thread.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2560.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	127256
        Cate & Rob
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob
          I don't have access to the island floor while the slides are closed up. What material are we dealing with? Is it plywood, osb, mdf? Do you remember how thick?

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy

The island floor in mine was originally thin plywood (maybe 1/4”?). I over laid this a long time ago with 1/2” plywood with a Formica covering.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

From the best I can tell, the newer islands (may not be all of them) are made with an MDF floor. If you search for failed islands, you can see the 1/2" to 3/4" MDF edge on the pictures of the failures.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Mine is 1/4" as well. Removed it and added lots of support under it, very flimsy.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                  Mine is 1/4" as well. Removed it and added lots of support under it, very flimsy.

Brian
                  Removed it? Did you have to disassemble the island? Or was it one of the last pieces to be attached in the original construction?

Comment

Removed it? Did you have to disassemble the island? Or was it one of the last pieces to be attached in the original construction?
                    I just laid the thicker floor on top of the original 1/4” which would be the last piece stapled into place because the attachments of island to main floor are below this. I didn’t even fasten down the new thicker floor in the island. Gravity is doing a fine job keeping it in place. (Plus the screws that now hold the filter system in place).

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I think there were some side pieces that held it down, hard to remember but it did come out from the inside.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Another filter option for folks. I installed an Aquasana under sink filter for drinking water in our 22mle. They make a 2 and 3 filter version. This is the third of these I've bought. I have one on our boat and another one in our cabin. I've been happy with them and the filters will last a season on each for us. (approx 500 gal) You do have to remove the filter assembly for winter storage as the assembly closes water in it when you remove the filters and doesn't drain (a plus for changing filters, not so much for winter storage). I found this out the hard way with our boat, but the company sent me a new housing free of charge when I told them my mistake. For running antifreeze through, I detach the lines from the filter and bypass it with a 1/4" press lock coupling that can be seen in the pic.

Comment

Cate&Rob

Hi Rob
                          I don't know if you living in the RV or not right now, but in post #48 you can see the drain piping from the sink. If you are able, could you measure the distance from island floor to the drain pipe. I can't open my slide yet.

Comment

Cate&Rob

Hi Rob
                            I don't know if you living in the RV or not right now, but in post #48 you can see the drain piping from the sink. If you are able, could you measure the distance from island floor to the drain pipe. I can't open my slide yet.
                            Assuming that you mean the almost horizontal drain above the filter system. 17.5” from this pipe to the floor. Yours might be 18” because I have a 1/2” floor insert on top of the original floor panel.

Rob

Cate & Rob
                            2015 Reflection 303RLS
                            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Assuming that you mean the almost horizontal drain above the filter system. 17.5” from this pipe to the floor. Yours might be 18” because I have a 1/2” floor insert on top of the original floor panel.

Rob
                              Yes, thank you very much.

Comment

My island tap set does not have a trim piece like Rob's. Anybody drilled the countertop in their rig? I've never drilled that kind of material and don't want to mess it up/crack it. Any tips for a clean job? High speed? Low speed? Drill type?

Comment

Working...
                                X