No announcement yet.

Tips and Tricks when Installing Wet Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The notion of not using grease is to prevent the attraction and retention of dust and other particles that will act as an abrasive to increase the wear rate of the polymer material.

I bet if you dig through the documentation you will find that there is a life expectancy of about 5 years (usually when people replace the whole camper) and the never fail warranty (if there is one) is non transferable.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      and the never fail warranty (if there is one) is non transferable.
      Applies to a lot of lifetime warrantys. However, I'm not the average consumer. Unless something catastrophic happens, I'll be pulling this 303 around for 10 years at least. Someday they might be able to price me out of pulling it far maybe....but today...is not that day.

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      2021 303RLS
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

. So if not using grease, you can use standard suspension bolts and save the cost of wetbolts.

Jim
        So somewhat stronger? Although I have not heard of wet bolts causing a failure.

2021 303RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
          If an owner was replacing all the components in the suspension like I recently did, there are some price savings if you go with the Never Fail bushings and standard bolts/shackles. Here are some prices from Amazon.

LCI NeverFail bushings, shackles, and standard bolts - $91.93 (Note: this comes with the thin shackles that wear faster).
          https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-28128...0-4513d670b6bc

MorRyde Wet bolts, bronze bushings, and HD shackles - $116.90
          https://www.amazon.com/MORryde-UO12-...s%2C141&sr=8-6

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

If an owner was replacing all the components in the suspension like I recently did, there are some price savings if you go with the Never Fail bushings and standard bolts/shackles. Here are some prices from Amazon.

LCI NeverFail bushings, shackles, and standard bolts - $91.93 (Note: this comes with the thin shackles that wear faster).
            https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-28128...0-4513d670b6bc

MorRyde Wet bolts, bronze bushings, and HD shackles - $116.90
            https://www.amazon.com/MORryde-UO12-...s%2C141&sr=8-6

Jim
            Jim the LCI kit is lacking the HD shackles - so it is really hard to compare. I like to be able to service things.

This heavy shackle kit beats the LCI price https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B4N3FM81...dDbGljaz10cnVl But who knows about quality? I'll stick with my Morryde.
            Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
              Scott
              Not a real given. The bolt material and manufacturing process makes a huge difference, also the small hole in the center is at the minimum stress point. I have seen very few bolt failures posted, either wet or standard bolts. Weak point is usually hangers, or springs from all the postings.
              Just my thought
              Keith
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Just ordered Moryde replacements today. Like the posts and will refer to it prior to install. Thanks all.
                Pierre & Tara
                2021 Imagine 2600RB
                2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
                1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Comment

Just added MorRyde wet bolt system to my travel trailer and we are planning a trip to Alaska this summer. How often should I grease the wet bolts? I know that I should check my brakes every 3,000 miles, is that a good mileage for greasing the bolts?

Comment

That probably about what I do. Or if I'm crawling under there for any other reason I'll grease the bolts.
                    2021 303RLS

Comment

Originally posted by remle View Post
                      How often should I grease the wet bolts?
                      From what I've read, the answer is simply "Yes". Basically, grease often.
                      2019 Imagine 2400BH
                      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

I grease ours quite often, grease is cheap. Our longest trip each year is around 1000 miles round trip, I will grease before and after. For our closer trips around home I generally grease every other trip or so. If I were going to Alaska I would definitely carry a grease gun and grease every other day or so depending on the ability to get it done. Depending on the equalizer that you have you may have grease fittings on it as well, the Dexter EZ Flex has a couple that others do no have. You do not need a lot, 1 pump or so for each fitting.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Are the zerks removable from the cre3000. I have 2 fittings that won’t take grease. Trying to eliminate them as the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobsrv View Post
                            Are the zerks removable from the cre3000. I have 2 fittings that won’t take grease. Trying to eliminate them as the problem?
                            Yes they unscrew Bob. I believe the size is 5/16".

Jim
                            Jim and Ginnie
                            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                            X