Colorado Rally Bearing Service and Suspension Inspection Opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Rally Bearing Service and Suspension Inspection Opportunity

Theses folks will be at the Colorado Rally this Aug. Instead of me breaking my back I am considering having them do the work. Anyone have work done by them, and does the price seem good for what they will do. I have seals - both generic and Timkin. I am assuming that they adjust the breaks on reinstall of the hub. I think they were at the National Rally last year.

Thanks
    Keith

On edit - this will be the first service on my new axles too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	434316638_10161158642978859_1837504770546391299_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.1 KB ID:	131457
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-03-2024, 06:38 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

About 100 bucks per wheel. I would guess it would take us about an hour per wheel roughly.....not bad. Saves your back for sure.
    2018 337RLS
    720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
    disc brakes, ems

Comment

That's probably a fair price for labor, but it seems high for those of us that do the service ourselves. With that said, most everything seems over priced these days. I've gotta get used to it.
      2020 Reflection 273MK
      2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Jims94vmx View Post
        About 100 bucks per wheel. I would guess it would take us about an hour per wheel roughly.....not bad. Saves your back for sure.
        Thanks
        I was thinking the same as it includes the wet bolts too. I'm trying to make sure they know what they are doing. They did reply quickly to a message I sent, ( Ashley J O'Neill was the contact ) and answered my questions. They seem to know what they are doing.

I'm wanting someone "qualified" to check over my new axle install, bearings and brakes, and make sure I got it correct. I have about 3K on the new set up right now.

howson TucsonJim Cate&Rob ncitro Country Campers Have any of you run across these folks at other rallies? I'm pretty sure they were at the National. Just wondering your thoughts.

Thanks
        Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I think we all have seen those folks at a Rally. They do good work and are always busy at Rallies. Neil actually had them put new axles and disc brakes on at the National Rally a few years ago, I have not heard any complaints.

I think you would be in good hands, but for me I always like to check someone else's work over as best I can.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            I think we all have seen those folks at a Rally. They do good work and are always busy at Rallies. Neil actually had them put new axles and disc brakes on at the National Rally a few years ago, I have not heard any complaints.

I think you would be in good hands, but for me I always like to check someone else's work over as best I can.

Brian
            Thanks - I will be closely watching thier work

Comment

Pretty decent price. Question, what are hub savers?
              Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
              TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Originally posted by BobinICT View Post
                Pretty decent price. Question, what are hub savers?
                https://thehubsaver.com/

Comment

I've worked with this company for years and see them at almost every regional rally. They have a good reputation, and they are actually doing a disc brake conversion on a triple axle rig right now at the Texas Waco rally,

Jim
                  Jim and Ginnie
                  2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                  GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                  GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Those hub savers are nice looking. Wish they were more like the retainer washer with the anti rotation flat spot.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                      I've worked with this company for years and see them at almost every regional rally. They have a good reputation, and they are actually doing a disc brake conversion on a triple axle rig right now at the Texas Waco rally,

Jim
                      Thanks
                      I have a request into them to do my bearings at the CO Rally. BTW are yo coming up? Someone needs to bug Emily

Keith

Comment

Working...
                      X