Bent Axle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ncitro Neil,

I have to agree where any system can be abused, so in the case of the OP there is no history. Even in my case, I never put the unit in a state to flatten the springs and since they have been replaced they are still holding up. Delivery driver abusing the rig? Defective springs? Who knows.

But in the case of my older Imagine, there were a rash of flattened springs with floor contact and future units were updated where the issue is non-existent today. Since so many cases of floor contact were out there (similar to greased brakes) this does indicate there was an issue. So one case is impossible to make a determination where multiple cases followed by an update does look like the issue was addressed. We did purchase our rig with the verbiage that the manufacturer has the right to make changes at any time. I've accepted that and with buddies to help me with the heavy stuff, I updated the rig to avoid floor contact while keeping to the original design as best as possible.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
      ncitro Neil,

I have to agree where any system can be abused, so in the case of the OP there is no history. Even in my case, I never put the unit in a state to flatten the springs and since they have been replaced they are still holding up. Delivery driver abusing the rig? Defective springs? Who knows.

But in the case of my older Imagine, there were a rash of flattened springs with floor contact and future units were updated where the issue is non-existent today. Since so many cases of floor contact were out there (similar to greased brakes) this does indicate there was an issue. So one case is impossible to make a determination where multiple cases followed by an update does look like the issue was addressed. We did purchase our rig with the verbiage that the manufacturer has the right to make changes at any time. I've accepted that and with buddies to help me with the heavy stuff, I updated the rig to avoid floor contact while keeping to the original design as best as possible.

Jim
      Absolutely but as you said that’s a different case. I’m not aware of a rash of issues with the OPs model.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

Absolutely but as you said that’s a different case. I’m not aware of a rash of issues with the OPs model.
        I called a GD dealer near me to get prices for parts(upgrade axles) and the person I spoke with said they did have issues with the axles on my model being undersized. But I guess not enough for a recall.
        Jason Smith
        2019 Imagine XLS 21 BHE
        2021 Ford F150 3.5L Eco Boost with tow package

Comment

I have a 2021 GD Reflection 29RS that has the same issue. We just got back from our 1st trip (NH to Ca and back) with a total of 8450 miles on the rig. It is currently at RV One in Vt (formerly Country Camper) and we are waiting on the results. At 1st glance service dept said bad wheel bearings, but i have never seen wheel bearings go on the same axle and wear the tires the exact same way. I believe it is a bad axle from the build. Front axle and tires were fine, camper is level front to back, we are way under the weight allowed. We purchased brand new Nov 2020, stored it for the winter and left on our maiden voyage in Oct 2021 and returned in April 2022. Of course the 1 yr warrenty had expired before we completed our trip but we purchased the 5 yr complete coverage service, so it will be interesting to see the results and who is going to be charged for the repair. I will try to post what there answer is when this is all done. I enclosed pictures of the rear tire (bad) and front tire (good) for comparison. Left and right side are exactly the same wear.

Comment

Bowhutn

​​​​​​Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

To the specifics of your concern . . . the only way that you are going to prove this one way or the other is to have the trailer alignment measured by someone who knows what they are doing. Look for a heavy/truck/trailer repair facility with alignment equipment. Hunter is a trusted name in trailer alignment measuring.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
            X