Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for Replacement Suspension Springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be. I've got a call into Lippert to verify. Their spec (and my current springs) shows a four leaf 2,600 pound spring. But the LCI ad you linked to shows a three leaf spring. It might just be a generic photo, but I want to verify it first.

And the Amazon page shows they are out of stock along with a three leaf spring in the photo.

JIm
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

TucsonJim Yoda

Here is another LCI spring chart that I acquired from somewhere, several years ago. Note that a 2500 lb spring is not interchangeable with a 2600 lb (at least, the LCI ones).
      Keith . . . what dimensions do you need? . . . I have old LCI 2600 lb springs that I could measure.

Rob

LCI_Leaf_Springs_Component.pdf
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
        TucsonJim Yoda

Here is another LCI spring chart that I acquired from somewhere, several years ago. Note that a 2500 lb spring is not interchangeable with a 2600 lb (at least, the LCI ones).
        Keith . . . what dimensions do you need? . . . I have old LCI 2600 lb springs that I could measure.

Rob

[ATTACH]n96782[/ATTACH]
        Thanks Rob

Mine are Dexter. I have all the dimensions I think I need - just need to fill out thier forum.

I just discovered a Grand Junction CO spring shop that makes custom springs - US steel too. https://www.alcanspring.com/ I am getting a price from them for 3K springs to fit my current set up. They also make a 3500 2" wide 4 spring set with Cree 3000 that is necked down to 1.75 at the eye.
        From thier email

I have designed a HD version of a trailer spring. I’ve changed the width of the spring to 2” wide and then neck down the eye to fit the stock hangers. They are a 6 leaf spring that is rated for those 3500lb axles. Also, with that kit comes with MorRyde CRE3000 equalizers (need to know axle spacing 32” or 35”) new HD ½” thick shackles and all greaseable bolts and U bolts. The cost for the entire kit with 4 springs, equalizers, greaseable bolts, U bolts, HD U bolt plate, and HD shackles is $1589.64 plus shipping. I actually have that kit built and ready to ship, so give me a call and I can get it coming!

They responded to my first email in about an hour.

Just food for thought - most reviews of them are good too. His B&B is off road folks, but also does costume builds for Rod's etc.

Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Keith. I just sent a request for a quote myself. That is a pretty reasonable quote for custom made American steel springs and all the hardware. I priced mine out this morning from Amazon and it was about $1100. But of course, the springs are on backorder.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Well I heard back from https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/ - I need to pull and measure a spring for them to give me an answer. A bit disappointed they cant read the Dexter Catalog. I gave them the Dexter part number and catalog reference along with all the dimensions off of the Dexter build sheet (length, witdh, spring center, and other dimensions). Ill take a crack at filling out thier measurement sheet without removing the spring. I can get the eye diameter and other information from the Dexter information I have. Otherwise Ill have the shop try and find what I want.

Keith
            Yoda,

They have a specific method of measuring the leaf spring. You will want to follow their method since this is what they use to produce the spring. They do us only US sourced steel.

Jim

Comment

Working...
            X