UO21-003 MOR Ryde X-Factor Adjustable Crossmember Discusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UO21-003 MOR Ryde X-Factor Adjustable Crossmember Discusion

I thought I would start this partially as TucsonJim was looking too. I spoke with Morryde and they said the UO21-003 would fit my center hanger, but that my end hanger were too wide and to use thier weld on RE21-004 However after reading the instructions (page two) I could just drill a hole in my wider hanger. https://www.morryde.com/wp-content/u...structions.pdf
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1208s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.9 KB ID:	96280

Am I reading the instructions correctly?

I also heard back from Jennifer at morryde.com - Good afternoon. We do still make the UO21-003. If your front and rear frame hangers are the same as the photo, yes, you would have to put one hole in the frame hanger for the bolt to go through. It will wrap around the other side on the perpendicular side.

I am thinking of doing all three locations based on my frame cracks I found. Post to come, but locations and cracks are similar to the face book posting for the Reflection 220RK found here https://www.facebook.com/groups/316794188993517

I will be starting a new thread on the cracks, but the short of it is Lippert did open a case for me even though I am past warrenty

So back on topic - Is anyone using this brace and how is it doing?

Thanks
    Keith

Other information sources
    https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...de/MR49ZR.html
    Dimensions of the end plate
    https://www.etrailer.com/question-612447.html

https://www.morryde.com/products/x-factor-crossmember/

On edit found another article
    https://www.morryde.com/wp-content/u...ticle-2017.pdf

2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Yoda

Keith - From the photo, it looks like your spare tire would be in the way for a brace on the rear spring hangers. How would you handle that?

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      Yoda

Keith - From the photo, it looks like your spare tire would be in the way for a brace on the rear spring hangers. How would you handle that?

Jim
      I think it will actually clear, but I need to measure. There is some slop on where the tire can set when raised. Right now I have the spare down and out, so will put it back and check. The X factor tube is 3" by 3" and wold be parallel to the vertical front face on the hanger. Do you think there would be an issue if the tire was against the cross tube when raised?

BTW one of the crack locations appear to be where the spare tire lift assembly is welded inside the frame.

Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        Yoda

Jim
        Update. I have the X-Factors installed (covered under my axle replacement thread) https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...t-step-by-step

However Jim has some very sharp eye perception. I lifted the spare in place to check two things. One reason was where to attach the propane line attachment points to clear the spare and add studs to go through the rigid insulation, and second to check clearance with the x-factor.. Keep in mind folks I sub framed the unit with 2x2 tubing, so everything is lower along the edges where the coroplast is attached. It used to be on the same level.

I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1622s.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	114850 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1621s.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	114851
        Spare in position to be raised. When lifted it first just kissed the X-Factor withe tread, What would have been a glove fit except for the bolts, It then hing up on the bolts. However I think I have a solution.

Note - the tire is on an angle as it first contacted the new 2x2 sub frame cross member (center of photo 2 just left of the x-factor)., then tilted on the left to contact the original frame cross member that is now 2" higher. I will be using 2" rigid insulation here, so it should level it out. I don't think the insulation will compress that much, but can probably add a section of 2" wood or metal where the tire makes contact for better support. Should I plan on that?

Name:	IMG_1619s.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	114852 My solution will be to flip the nuts to the inside so the bolt face is out, and pad it with some HD rubber flooring material I have. That way there will be nothing sharp against the tread. Its a matter of inches for it to clear,

Now if I had not upgraded to 16^ tires this would be a non issue as I am sure GD places the tire lift cross member for the 15" OEM tires to clear things.

Thoughts on this solution?

Thanks for your sharp eyes Jim.

Keith

Comment

Yoda Hi Keith,

What about using carriage bolts with the smooth head of the bolt against the tire?

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
            Yoda Hi Keith,

What about using carriage bolts with the smooth head of the bolt against the tire?

Rob
            Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the holes are elongated on the outside channel, round on the inside so that might work. Off to TS to see what they have tomorrow. Problem is the torque wrench wont fit inside the channel - but I can probably get close to the 40 FT-lbs needed.

Thanks for the idea.

Keith

Comment

Yoda Keith, Off to spending your money again: https://www.amazon.com/GEARWRENCH-81...7126135&sr=8-5

You should know us better than that by now that we will come up with a tool that you do not have to do the job that needs to be in the set......

You can also add acorn nuts to the ends of the bolts there to make them smooth. Use washers if needed to keep the acorn nut thread engagement to about 1 nut depth or it can pop the top off.

https://www.amazon.com/16-18-Acorn-S...1zcF9hdGY&th=1
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

I have added 3 X members to my previous and current rigs with great results. Self installed.

Gary & Angela, Southwest Ohio | 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD
                2023 Reflection 297RSTS | EMS-HW50C | Micro Air Easy Starts | MORryde X-Factor crossmember x3 | Pepwave | Hot Water Recirculation | Haloview BT7 | Security & Surveillance systems | Govee Water Leak detection
                www.stormpod.org

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                  Yoda Hi Keith,

Rob
                  Could not find grade 8 carriage bolts. OEM is grade 8 So I flipped them and used lock-tite..

Name:	IMG_1623s.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	114909 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1624s.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	114910

Much better fir against the tire and x-factor - no sharp bolt edges. I also added a 2x2 ceder spacer (34" long) block for tire to rest on. Test fit was perfect. Spent the rest of the day getting the 1" closed cell rigid foam in place from the rear to the new cross member. I have a small Japanese pull saw that makes quick work of the cutting.

Comment

Working...
                  X