No announcement yet.

Coroplast aka Corrugated Plastic Sheeting Underbelly Material Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoda What is this device?? It looks like an old family heirloom handed down over many generations.

Click image for larger version

Name:	phone.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	98468
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Is that a slide rule just below that collectable communication device? Even though we do not have a wired phone, they are still the most secure method in discussing sensitive information. Remember years ago there was a fellow that listened to folks cell phones with his ham hand set. Creepy.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post
        Yoda What is this device?? It looks like an old family heirloom handed down over many generations.

Click image for larger version

Name:	phone.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	98468
        It still works and is immune to EMP....but I just. It actually does work, especially when power is out and cell service is down. Cell service out here is iffy even with power. Beside it has big illuminated buttons my fat fingers can work with
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
          Is that a slide rule just below that collectable communication device? Even though we do not have a wired phone, they are still the most secure method in discussing sensitive information. Remember years ago there was a fellow that listened to folks cell phones with his ham hand set. Creepy.

Jim
          No slide rule Jim - gave that up when HP came out with the 21 model in 1973 I believe - still have both, but dont ask me to use the slide anymore. I got the HP as I had trouble keeping track of the decimal point... But think of this - who was it that invented the slide rule, or even the circular more compact one - that's a rainy day search.

Off to the RV dealer to check on what they have and a side trip for my favorite libation which is just across the street.

Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

No slide rule Jim - gave that up when HP came out with the 21 model in 1973 I believe - still have both, but dont ask me to use the slide anymore. I got the HP as I had trouble keeping track of the decimal point... But think of this - who was it that invented the slide rule, or even the circular more compact one - that's a rainy day search.

Off to the RV dealer to check on what they have and a side trip for my favorite libation which is just across the street.

Keith
            Keith,

Joking about the slide rule. I know your an HP guy. I used a HP48GX in college. Even today its almost $400 on Amazon used. They sure do hold their value.

https://www.amazon.com/HP48GX-RPN-Ex.../dp/B00004TFKZ

Jim

Comment

Well it was too good to be true

"Update
              I just got a surprise call from my dealer (Tarply) it appear they can get the material for 1/2 or what the internet is (under $100 for what I need). I am going to swing by tomorrow and check to see if it is the same as what I have, Comes wider than I need, but I can easily trim."

I get there and it is the correct material, but instead of the $96 I was quoted its actually $169 plus tax and up to $100 shipping to get it from Keystone. The said they cant give me a firm shipping price. Evidently the new guy gave me thier cost.. Even with reasonable shipping its more than the on line with free shipping and tax, but I have time to wait and look. Hope to hear back on the other sample I requested.

I thanked them, went and got a hair's cut, dropped by the humane society -it always fun to look. They have a very calm 6 year old GSD named Ace. So it was a good afternoon.

Keith

Comment

Guest Jim, ran both the 48SX and the GX. GX was much faster. I still have my original GX and it's replacement that I bought off eBay. Can't complain, my 1993 model GX(bought it new when in college) is older than most of our engineers at work.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Keith
                  I gave up my slide rule in 1973 as well. I was so happy to get a Texas Instruments SR-10. It did x, /, -, + and square root! A year or so later I bought the SR-50, which included trig functions. That worked for me through a masters degree.
                  Dave
                  2016 Reflection 27RL
                  2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
                  B&W Patriot 18k slider

Comment

As long as this thread has gone sideways, my Dietzgen log log got replaced by an HP41CV with a few modules. Currently use HP35, long live RPN.
                    Ted
                    2021 Reflection 310RLS
                    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Dave27 View Post

I gave up my slide rule in 1973 as well.
                      Dave
                      I never learned how to use one. Though I have thought about learning just for the heck of it. In '73 I was in grade 4.
                      Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 10-30-2022, 05:49 PM. Reason: Change 74 to 73
                      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                      2021 303RLS
                      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                        I never learned how to use one. Though I have thought about learning just for the heck of it. In '74 I was in grade 4.
                        As easy as falling off a log.
                        Ted
                        2021 Reflection 310RLS
                        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Dave27 View Post

I gave up my slide rule in 1973 as well. I was so happy to get a Texas Instruments SR-10. It did x, /, -, + and square root! A year or so later I bought the SR-50, which included trig functions. That worked for me through a masters degree.
                          Dave
                          EXACTLY the same here! I think I paid something like $100 for that 5 function calculator (in 1973 dollars) . . . but, we had to use the slide rule for exams for at least a couple more years. The SR-50 was the “go to” calculator for everybody (in engineering) after that.

Rob

Cate & Rob
                          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

EXACTLY the same here! I think I paid something like $100 for that 5 function calculator (in 1973 dollars) . . . but, we had to use the slide rule for exams for at least a couple more years. The SR-50 was the “go to” calculator for everybody (in engineering) after that.

Rob
                            Interesting fact about that early model. The SR stands for Slide Rule.

Jim

Comment

TedS Is this the thing you are referring to? https://www.ebay.com/itm/16546647633...saAl30EALw_wcB

Never used a slide rule, but that thing looks quite involved.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                                TedS Is this the thing you are referring to? https://www.ebay.com/itm/16546647633...saAl30EALw_wcB

Never used a slide rule, but that thing looks quite involved.
                                Similar. This is what I had, still have. In a case hanging on my belt.

Ted
                                2021 Reflection 310RLS
                                2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                                X