No announcement yet.

Soliciting Forum Member Input for GDRV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post #3 - i made a three foot jumper hose to move the flush water connection outside. it worked so well i made another for the fresh connection also. now no water drips and/or dumps in the rig.

390rk
    flower
    2021 Solitude 390RK
    No truck - don't travel

Comment

Construction question: For trailers framed with aluminum studs, are all exterior aluminum studs filled with a wood piece (for screw retention? If not, which aluminum studs have wood inserts and which ones don't?

Recent changes that I like in Momentum TT series: king bed option, 23G (a little extra room in main area makes a big difference), upper cabinets go to ceiling, skylight in master bed, 12V fridge,

Suggestions: Spray port next to main entrance of toy haulers. Pre-wire 14" skylights (not skylight over shower) for fan, reverse lights on trailer, side marker lights on trailer blink with right/left turn signals,

Wish list. Improved wiring. I know all manufacturers have sloppy wiring, but any improvement would be welcome. In the 21G (and most other Momentum TT trailers) the area under the master closet houses the inverter and ATS. THe wiring comes through the floor in close to the middle of the area which makes equipment upgrades much more difficult. Does wiring colors mean anything? Very difficult to determine which wires are DC, which are AC, which are positive, neutral, ground.....maybe consistent colors/types, or a legend?
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

What is the cut off date for submitting information to you folks?
        Cooper
        2021 303RLS
        2012 Ram 3500 Cummins SRW Short Box

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
          What is the cut off date for submitting information to you folks?
          Let's try to shoot for March 31st. This will give us time to collect all the ideas and make presentation materials for the GDRV team.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post

At least use hose with a pressure rating higher than 80psi.
            Ted,

The vinyl hose in my 2017 Imagine is rated to 150psi. A proper PEX to Barbed connection would be nice between PEX to Vinyl. I wonder what year they moved to a lower rated hose?

Vinyl for the hot side is also 150 psi but cannot locate that one at this time.

Jim
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Guest; 02-02-2022, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
              On the fifth wheels, increase the hitch reach to get more open tailgate clearance from the basement wall. Ten more inches would good, 12" more even better.
              Ditto - However this could make side rail contact an issue in tight turns if not designed properly.
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Let's try to shoot for March 31st. This will give us time to collect all the ideas and make presentation materials for the GDRV team.

Jim
                Thanks ..Question.
                Could you please lists the suggestions/ recommendations from ( your) group that have been implemented by GD in their units?

I would suggest you folks short list no more than 5 items that in your opinion are not cost prohibitive and are Specific,Measurable,Actionable,Recordable,Timely.( SMART).
                There needs to be company champion that pushes these recommendations to implementation. There needs to be a feed back loop to you folks to report back how things are going.
                Far to often great ideas fall into the black hole of corporate abyss.

No offense ..just a little skeptical. Been there done that.
                if you need help let me know

Thanks again appreciate your group’s efforts Good luck.

coops

Cooper
                2021 303RLS
                2012 Ram 3500 Cummins SRW Short Box

Comment

Plumbing
                  Use all pex and brass or shark-bite fittings (or equal) Would reduce leaks and actually save assembly, and repair time time. Especially on the back of the nautilus panel

Electrical List where all of the fuses are including the hidden ones like for the awnings(behind the control panel) or solar prep (example the green fuse thread).. Stop using knife splice connectors. (maybe they already have) Provide a Lithium compatible converter stock (or optional) and the option for Lithium batterys set up from the Factory as one of your competitor's does. Solar could be optional or apart of the package and offer a high capacity set up 600W plus.

Wiring diagrams. There hast to be a way for GD to know where the main wiring runs are on each unit. Also the color coding information used on the colored romex and where they go.

Wheel well armor kits.. While the new models have this protection, many of the older units don't. Possibly offer a pre-cut kit. Or show dimensions of the existing wheel well armor parts in the parts list so folks might figure out what might work for thier units.

Last - stove flapper vent that your supposed to lock closed when traveling. Find one that actually works and last for more than a few years and make it easy to close and lock, possibly from the inside. I need a step stool to reach mine and it no longer locks and sticks closed. If I use the hood fan I need to go out and make sure it is open. And find a QUIET hood exhaust fan that actually works rather than just make a lot of noise.

Consider using a stronger awning - even a manual one that has the strong full length back brace that the arm brace locks into. Not everything needs to be automated. Example - separate switched for each tank heater as someone mentioned in a thread.

Suspension system. Offer a shock option. Possibly consider an air suspension option where the trailer could be raised to get better bed rail clearance with the higher trucks. and possibly lower the trailer for easier entry. Possible offer suspensions kits or factory lift option to have the ability to raise a trailer a few inches (5th wheel) to better fit the new trucks bed height..

Last Has GD ever considered an ADA accessible TT? Basically this would mean a larger entry door and wheel chair lift, and ADA accessible bath with rails (could simply be a full wet bath) I see a lot of folks traveling with disabled kids or one partner that has a mobility disability.

Folks that use a walker or Cain would benefit from the lift too. Just a thought - maybe even have a small custom shop to do modifications. No other manufacturer offers this that I know of, except possibly Airstream.

Well enough said

Keith

On edit - consider real wood face frames and not the vinyl wrapped particle board that chips and peals. Also consider using water proof MDF if so the typical leaks and condensation that happens in our units are not as damaging.

Also some of the manufacturers are using a new product to replace the lulan in the wall construction to prevent de-lamination Its been discussed before, but I forgot the name.
                  Last edited by Yoda; 02-02-2022, 01:18 PM.
                  2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks ..Question.
                    Could you please lists the suggestions/ recommendations from ( your) group that have been implemented by GD in their units?

I would suggest you folks short list no more than 5 items that in your opinion are not cost prohibitive and are Specific,Measurable,Actionable,Recordable,Timely.( SMART).
                    There needs to be company champion that pushes these recommendations to implementation. There needs to be a feed back loop to you folks to report back how things are going.

coops
                    Coops you made me laugh - brought back memory's (not good) of my gooberment days where the state implemented the continuous improvement methods - along withe the SMART and others. No buy in and no incentives and the champion of the effort only stuck around for a year. You might say is was a FUBAR.

You do make a good points though.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

Ted,

The vinyl hose in my 2017 Imagine is rated to 150psi. A proper PEX to Barbed connection would be nice between PEX to Vinyl. I wonder what year they moved to a lower rated hose?

Vinyl for the hot side is also 150 psi but cannot locate that one at this time.

Jim
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20210414_083652.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	75812 My 2021 has this 80 psi rated hose.
                      Ted
                      2021 Reflection 310RLS
                      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Now that customers can order parts directly from Grand Design, which is awesome, perhaps they can make the shipping more economical for us in Canada? When I ordered approximately $25-$30 in parts, the total bill was over $90 once shipping and brokerage was added....

​​​​​
                        2019 Imagine 2400BH
                        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Thanks ..Question.

coops
                          Here are a few from my memory:

Switched from incandescent bulbs to LED
                          Switched (or are switching) from absorption refrigerators to 12V compressor refrigerators (I did the first field testing for them).
                          moving Furrion refrigerator fuse to a more accessible location.
                          Water tank vent tube siphoning solution (Rob Cate&Rob 's design)
                          Drawings provided to moderators for assisting in trouble-shooting.

But looking back on the previous list, there are lots of repeat ideas that have not been resolved, eg. soft hose.

Jim
                          Jim and Ginnie
                          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
                            Now that customers can order parts directly from Grand Design, which is awesome, perhaps they can make the shipping more economical for us in Canada? When I ordered approximately $25-$30 in parts, the total bill was over $90 once shipping and brokerage was added....

​​​​​
                            I'm guessing UPS, which is the worst for brokerage overcharging. I've reduced brokerage fees by asking vendors to ship via USPS.
                            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

I'm guessing UPS, which is the worst for brokerage overcharging. I've reduced brokerage fees by asking vendors to ship via USPS.
                              Unfortunately not in this case, it was whichever courier Grand Design uses. However, you are 100% correct that when shipping to Canada from the US, don't use UPS, and always use USPS.
                              2019 Imagine 2400BH
                              2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

howson

Get the low down skinny on the Furrion Heat / AC temperature sensor having to be relocated. Much conflicting information on this.
                                Mike
                                2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Working...
                                X