!!Forum Announcement - Great News!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!Forum Announcement - Great News!!

The GDRV technical forum was founded in 2019. We started off with a core moderator team of Rob Cate&Rob, Brian Country Campers, Howard howson, and Jim, TucsonJim. Our first six months were spent tweaking the forum to make it user friendly and start building a base of technical posts. We're almost exactly three years old now. In that time, membership has grown to nearly 12,000 registered users. But even with that growth, we did not expand our team of moderators. In the past few months, the forum growth has been quite a challenge for the moderators to keep up with.

Now for the great news. Grand Design and the moderator team believe it's time to grow the forum leadership. We approached one of our senior members and asked if they'd be interested in taking on the role. They heartily agreed. Our fifth senior moderator is.... Drum roll.....

Neil Citro
    ncitro

Neil has been a major contributor to the forum since it's inception. He has a history of providing sound advice to fellow owners. He has excellent technical skills that mix nicely with the skills of the existing moderators. We've asked Neil to share some of his background which he'll do in a follow up post below.

Please join us in welcoming Neil to this new role.

Brian
    Howard
    Rob
    Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

I am honored to join the forum moderators. Most of you have probably run into me at some point or another, but for those that do not know me, I have been a member since these boards launched. We bought our Reflection 28BH in 2017, and we travel part time in it, averaging 4-6 months a year on the road. My wife and I both work full time; we have a small business that services radiographic x-ray equipment, working with everything from 480V three phase down to low voltage signaling. This has given me the background to outfit our rig with solar, a Victron inverter, DC to DC charging, and lithium batteries, as well as troubleshoot most electrical components in it. Since we both work full time, maintaining a stable, reliable internet connection in the rig has been an ongoing effort for us, and I frequently post in threads that discuss this.

When not looking for a new project for our Reflection (or sometimes in the middle of it), I enjoy seeing our national parks, scuba diving, and spending time with our son Lincoln who is three and a half. Occasionally (but not as much as when I was younger) I still enjoy a bit of snowmobiling or atving. More recently, RVing has been our focus. I am always on the lookout to give a helping hand both on these boards as well as around the campground. If you ever need anything or have a question, feel free to reach out to me.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Congratulations and thank you, Neil.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Thanks for taking on this role and joining the Team.

This Forum is pretty much "self moderating" as the members here are second to none.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for stepping up Neil!
          Don't let the other four take advantage of 'the new guy' and get you to do all the work...lol
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Country Campers Brian brings up a really good point. "his Forum is pretty much "self moderating" as the members here are second to none." We spend very little time moderating the forum. Well, except Brian who is constantly banning spammers... The "moderator" team should really be called something else such as "owner advocates" or "technical weenies." We feel our real job is to guide owners to getting solutions to operating, repairing and modifying their RV's. This is why Neil is such a great fit! Grand Design really appreciates our volunteer roles and supports us with great training and communication. Now, if they'd just send me a case of top notch IPAs on a monthly basis, they'd have a volunteer for life.
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I've got to agree with that. The community here as well as the moderating team made it an easy decision for me. I've never seen a single discussion here go anywhere past civil, for the internet these days that's saying something.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

Congratulations Neil! You do offer sound advice and will fit in nicely.

Jim

Comment

Congratulations Neil! We appreciated your insight to a couple past questions we had.
                  Elke and Heinz
                  2018 Chevy 3500 SRW Duramax SB
                  2021 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Absolutely true that this forum "moderates" itself. Almost none of the "drama" that is such a big part of most social media. Just a bunch of owners helping each other with technical problems or suggesting upgrade ideas. Exactly what we set out to create some three years and 12,000 members ago. Welcome to the moderator team, Neil . . . and thanks to all our regular participants who make this forum a source of excellent ideas . . . day in and day out.

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Neil, I've enjoyed your posts and found your input most helpful. Don't get soft now that you're in "Senior Management"!

Cheers,

Mike
                      Mike & Sonya
                      2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
                      Blue Ox SwayPro
                      2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                        The GDRV technical forum was founded in 2019. We started off with a core moderator team of Rob Cate&Rob, Brian Country Campers, Howard howson, and Jim, TucsonJim. Our first six months were spent tweaking the forum to make it user friendly and start building a base of technical posts. We're almost exactly three years old now. In that time, membership has grown to nearly 12,000 registered users. But even with that growth, we did not expand our team of moderators. In the past few months, the forum growth has been quite a challenge for the moderators to keep up with.

Now for the great news. Grand Design and the moderator team believe it's time to grow the forum leadership. We approached one of our senior members and asked if they'd be interested in taking on the role. They heartily agreed. Our fifth senior moderator is.... Drum roll.....

Neil Citro
                        ncitro

Neil has been a major contributor to the forum since it's inception. He has a history of providing sound advice to fellow owners. He has excellent technical skills that mix nicely with the skills of the existing moderators. We've asked Neil to share some of his background which he'll do in a follow up post below.

Please join us in welcoming Neil to this new role.

Brian
                        Howard
                        Rob
                        Jim

Absolutely fantastic choice

Only one problem - now there will be five of you great folks figuring out ways to have me spend my money Now on the upside one of the next projects on my list is Wifi, or cellular hot spot,, or something so SWMBO has internet access when traveling, Tired of the stuff at the campgrounds that doesn't work.and me being clueless. And I am totally clueless as to what all the stuff is or does. I have trouble using my smart phone, and don't dare ask me to text or anything like that. DW on the other hand has no issues - go figure. Neil ncitro are you ready????...just kidding. Congratulations and thanks for stepping up.
                        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda Absolutely ready, and keys be honest I never had any terrible helping break your budget before I was a moderator lol.

Neil Citro

Comment

Congratulations Neil, well deserved!
                            Dave and Sue
                            2020 GD 2250RK
                            2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
                            Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
                            GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
                            SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

howson =ncitro;n76796]Yoda Absolutely ready, and keys be honest I never had any terrible helping break your budget before I was a moderator lol. [/QUOTE]

LOL you had to remind me. But I will admit for those new and reading this the advice and spending has all been good - except when I strayed from the advice and the dark side bit me and had to do it over and have spare parts. An if I remember correctly Howard has first dibs on helping me buy something " Blue" after I went down the wrong path

That's another thing that's great here you wont find anywhere else. No judgemental attitudes and lots of forgiveness and most important patience.I know Howard and others were pulling thier hair out helping me understand the Multiplus programming and solar wiring.

Everyone here has been great helping me out, even when I just could not understand something the first time , second time.....(or more)

Well I better go hide in my corner now.

Keith
                              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
                              X