No announcement yet.

2016 Reflection 27RL - Pulled Trailer Plug from Junction Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoda -- I'm happy with the cord that came with the unit, too, Keith.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Yoda -- I'm happy with the cord that came with the unit, too, Keith.
      Country Campers TucsonJim

Dang you guys - there you all go again - spend more money. ( now the song money money money - moooonnnneeeeeey) is stuck in my head. This is now on the to do list to order. When I check the connection box a year or so back, just to see what was there I was not impressed with the rats nest.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Country Campers TucsonJim

Dang you guys - there you all go again - spend more money. ( now the song money money money - moooonnnneeeeeey) is stuck in my head. This is now on the to do list to order. When I check the connection box a year or so back, just to see what was there I was not impressed with the rats nest.
        Yeah it’s a mess of wire nuts and electrical tape that just makes everything sticky lol.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

Yeah it’s a mess of wire nuts and electrical tape that just makes everything sticky lol.
          Like this? It's just a tad more difficult to troubleshoot this if you have a problem....

Click image for larger version

Name:	27479282_10212858348466500_1319771900_o.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	24946
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Like this? It's just a tad more difficult to troubleshoot this if you have a problem....

Name:	27479282_10212858348466500_1319771900_o.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	24946
            In a metal box for good measure lol. Also when I pulled mine most of my wires were nicked from when they stripped them.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro

Comment

. . . most of my wires were nicked from when they stripped them.
              I have found this on nearly every electrical connection that I have taken apart for whatever reason . . . nicked solid copper on 120V wires and missing strands on 12V wires.

Rob

Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

I have found this on nearly every electrical connection that I have taken apart for whatever reason . . . nicked solid copper on 120V wires and missing strands on 12V wires.

Rob
                Yes me too. The really scary one was the main line to the power inlet.

Neil Citro

Comment

Yes me too. The really scary one was the main line to the power inlet.
                  I know we're getting a little off topic here, but there is one other wiring issue to watch for. They may strip the wires correclty, but then miss a strand or two when they crimp on the connector. This leaves a strand that could short across a circuit if the wiring is tight like you see in the photo below.

Name:	Wire Problems.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	24980
                  Jim and Ginnie

Comment

And it's not just GDRV wiring. This was one of the crimped connections on my Michtuning 7-way connector.

Name:	Wire Strands.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	24982
                    Jim and Ginnie

Comment

TucsonJim -- while we're spending Yoda 's money, show him your ground lug setup. While he's in that area, might as well upgrade that, too.
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                        TucsonJim -- while we're spending Yoda 's money, show him your ground lug setup. While he's in that area, might as well upgrade that, too.
                        Say What???? What you talking about Howard????
                        Keith
                        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Say What???? What you talking about Howard????
                          Keith
                          Not much Keith. Just a little tidying up of my ground and power wires. Here are the before and after pictures for the 12VDC and Grounds. Don't worry, you don't have to spend money if you're happy with the way they are.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.9 KB ID:	25027
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.0 KB ID:	25028Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.0 KB ID:	25029

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1722.jpg Views:	3 Size:	102.2 KB ID:	25030 Don't worry, you don't have to spend money if you're happy with the way they are.

Jim
                          Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Not much Keith. Just a little tidying up of my ground and power wires. Here are the before and after pictures for the 12VDC and Grounds. Don't worry, you don't have to spend money if you're happy with the way they are.

Click image for larger version Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.9 KB ID:	25027
                            Click image for larger version Name:	6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.0 KB ID:	25028Click image for larger version Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.0 KB ID:	25029

Click image for larger version Name:	image_1722.jpg Views:	3 Size:	102.2 KB ID:	25030 Don't worry, you don't have to spend money if you're happy with the way they are.

Jim
                            Thanks Jim - I'll see what mess there is when I get there.

Comment

Yoda

You have a fifth wheel , Jim and Howard has TT's. Their grounding lugs are exposed to the elements. Your is in the front storage by the battery, albeit a single post. You could add a multi ground bar if you wish.

Brian
                              Brian & Michelle
                              2018 Reflection 29RS
                              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                                Yoda

You have a fifth wheel , Jim and Howard has TT's. Their grounding lugs are exposed to the elements. Your is in the front storage by the battery, albeit a single post. You could add a multi ground bar if you wish.

Brian
                                I was wondering about that. When I did my power install for the CPAP I fixed that if I remember correctly. Ill haft to look - its buried behind stuff right now. One thing - I was going to wire back up lights on the trailer anyway so the new plug and wiring is a start.

Comment

Working...
                                X