2021 Reflection 337RLS Run Wire From Closet To Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Reflection 337RLS Run Wire From Closet To Battery

Good evening. I have a 2021 Reflection 337RLS and am wanting to install an inverter in the front closet dedicated to run a CPAP. I want to run the inverter power wire down through floor in closet into the front battery compartment. Has anyone done this or know of a better way to accomplish this. Thanks for any info.

Originally posted by Mhanson View Post
    Good evening. I have a 2021 Reflection 337RLS and am wanting to install an inverter in the front closet dedicated to run a CPAP. I want to run the inverter power wire down through floor in closet into the front battery compartment. Has anyone done this or know of a better way to accomplish this. Thanks for any info.
    Welcome to the forum. I used to own a 2014 337, and that is certainly a viable approach. Just make sure you go with a pretty heavy duty wire and the proper fuse due to the length of wire run between the battery and the inverter.

My preferred method would be to keep the inverter as close to the battery as possible in order to minimize the DC voltage drop. Then, I'd run a dedicated AC line in Romex to the location you'd like to plug the CPAP into. Terminate the outlet in a junction box, and you're good to go. Your inverter should have a breaker on the AC output.

BTW, we've created a welcome letter for new members. Here's a link.
    https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks, Jim. I appreciate your knowledge and advice . I am a little hesitant to drill down through the floor in the closet but have heard it being done before. If I drill down just inside the closet wall I think it would come out underneath the front cap. I can access that area but would need to find the wires and pull back into the front compartment. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the welcome link. We are first time owners and love our Reflection.

Mark

Comment

I have run a 12V wire from the 7 way cord connection in the center of the pinbox area down into the front battery compartment. There is enough room to get wires across that area. I did cover the wire with split loom since the wire essentially lays on top of the horizontal panel around the pin box and cant be secured in that area. I would think you could feed wire down through the floor into that same area with a little luck.
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2024 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas with faux Allison 10 speed. Nellie the Diva, wonder boxer

Comment

Thanks, Jim. I appreciate your knowledge and advice . I am a little hesitant to drill down through the floor in the closet but have heard it being done before. If I drill down just inside the closet wall I think it would come out underneath the front cap. I can access that area but would need to find the wires and pull back into the front compartment. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the welcome link. We are first time owners and love our Reflection.

Mark
          If you only want the inverter for the CPAP, I thought I'd mention that many CPAPS (including my wife's) have a cigarette lighter cord you can buy. Perhaps cheaper, easier, and more efficient than an inverter. The cig cord converts the 12V to 24V that the CPAP uses. (someone before pointed out to me that the CPAP is 24V)

Just another alternative to ponder.

Terry
          Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
          2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
          2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Do you have a washing machine and dryer installed? Are you planning to in the future? If you answered no to both of those questions you might have another option.

Note: I have not fully researched this but.....

There is a bundle of wires that come down from your front cap, through your driver's side propane storage area and then through your battery compartment. I've checked those wires out and I believe there is romex wire in that bundle that feeds the bed room 120v wall sockets or possibly the washer and dryer sockets. Anyway you might be able to tap into those wires as they come through the battery compartment.

Just thinking out loud.
            ​​​
            Charles and Susan
            2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
            Andersen Hitch
            2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Save money on the inverter - it's a very inefficient way to run a CPAP. I ran 12V power for mine https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...wer-in-bedroom

Take a look in your pass through of getting access to bed/bath wall (beside shower). Should be easy to get the 12V plug installed there. My guess is there is plumbing coming into the pass through ceiling to find a way into the wall.

Good luck
              Keith
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice and tips. May go the 12v route instead of inverter. Either way I’m going to have to go through the floor in closet. The thread that Yoda provided is very informative. Thanks again!

Mark

Comment

Working...
                X