No announcement yet.

Water Pump Woes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use the ShurFlo pump silencing kit with its pre-made hose assemblies.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PumpKit.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	129610
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
      Use the ShurFlo pump silencing kit with its pre-made hose assemblies.

Name:	PumpKit.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	129610
      Great information Ted
      Do you by chance have a part number or a link? I am assuming your running a ShurFlow Pump. Can your share the model and your thoughts?
      Thanks

Safe Travels
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda I have whatever the oem pump is.

https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-94-59.../dp/B000WN5F96
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I already have a version of the pump silencing kit using 36” washing machine connection hoses. There was still considerable noise from the pump, so I mounted it on soft vibration isolation feet. The ShurFlo pump is even quieter on its supplied feet . . . which I really like . . . except for the leak at the switch to pump body gasket . I may pull it apart and see if I can use silicone or similar to seal this leak. Shouldn’t have to do this.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob The diaphragm that isolates the switch from the water may be cracked or torn.

The washing machine hoses have garden hose swivel ends, the Shurflo hoses have pipe swivel ends.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              I already have a version of the pump silencing kit using 36” washing machine connection hoses. There was still considerable noise from the pump, so I mounted it on soft vibration isolation feet. The ShurFlo pump is even quieter on its supplied feet . . . which I really like . . . except for the leak at the switch to pump body gasket . I may pull it apart and see if I can use silicone or similar to seal this leak. Shouldn’t have to do this.

Rob
              Rob - I thought you had a Seaflo pump with the leak that is quiet. Now you mention the SureFlo has the leak and appears to also be quiet. Can you please unn-confuse me LOL
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Rob - I thought you had a Seaflo pump with the leak that is quiet. Now you mention the SureFlo has the leak and appears to also be quiet. Can you please unn-confuse me LOL
                Hi Keith . . . I mis-stated . . . the quiet pump with the leak is a SEAFLO (orange housing). Sorry for the confusion.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Keith . . . I mis-stated . . . the quiet pump with the leak is a SEAFLO (orange housing). Sorry for the confusion.

Rob
                  No worries - I am confused and discombobulated all the time anyway my friend. just ask Carol

Comment

Is anyone running this model 5.0 GPM Aqua King™ II 12V Fresh Water Pump | Shurflo 4158-153-E75 ?

I have a rare 20% off coupon from Zoro that brings the price down to $306

Thoughts?

Keith

Comment

Is anyone running this model 5.0 GPM Aqua King™ II 12V Fresh Water Pump | Shurflo 4158-153-E75 ?

I have a rare 20% off coupon from Zoro that brings the price down to $306

Thoughts?

Keith

When Rob ( Cate&Rob ) first upgraded he found a higher capacity pump over the OEM's spec'd unit caused issues. (I forget how he described them.)

It's a bummer there's been so many issues with Seaflo pumps -- hopefully I won't be joining this group anytime soon.

Specs on the OEM and replacement pump I used are below.

Name:	image.png
Views:	83
Size:	877.8 KB
ID:	129679
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

When Rob ( Cate&Rob ) first upgraded he found a higher capacity pump over the OEM's spec'd unit caused issues. ​
                        I first tried a 5 GPM Seaflo pump but the pressure pulses would "bounce" back and forth with my 2 gal accumulator tank and the pump would never shut off. I then went to the pump in Howard's picture (on his recommendation LOL) and it was better but still took a long time to settle down and shut off. So, I removed the accumulator tank because the Seaflo is so quiet it really doesn't need the toilet flush or two from the accumulator tank without starting the previous much noisier Shurflo pump. But . . . I have learned that I am back to dealing with the 100+ psi pressure rise due to water heating that the accumulator tank solved. A quiet pump that does not negatively interact with the accumulator tank would be ideal. I have some ideas to try to get the Seaflo pump and accumulator tank to get along . . . but if the pump leak can't be solved, my next pump will definitely not be a Seaflo. it has occurred to me that the drip leak at the pump may be caused by the water heating pressure rise . . .

Isn't plumbing fun .

Rob
                        Cate & Rob
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob Interesting to have the pump and tank fight each other. If I remember you had them close to each other. Would it benefit to space them further apart - like the tank under the kitchen sink?

Now this will sound strange - I don't really mind hearing the pump. That way I know its working and if I hear it cycle look for a leak/dripping faucet. The reason I was looking at the 5 gpm over my stock 3 is the anemic flow at the kitchen sink, and yes I clean the faucet screens and recently re plumed everything when I did the insulation project as the pipes were directly against the coroplast..

Keith

Comment

Yoda Same reason that I was initially looking at the 5GPM . . . the 3 is “adequate” . . . but not up to typical shore supply that we are used to. If I go looking for a new pump, I will again look at 5GPM . . . just not a SeaFlo.

Rob
                            Cate & Rob
                            2015 Reflection 303RLS
                            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Just as a reminder, the pump flow numbers are not delivery at pressure. Look also at the pump pressure/flow data. The pumps slow down as system pressure increases reducing flows.
                              Ted
                              2021 Reflection 310RLS
                              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Now this will sound strange - I don't really mind hearing the pump. That way I know its working and if I hear it cycle look for a leak/dripping faucet.
                                Keith
                                I'm with ya. I like some pump noise. If it starts running in the middle of the night...I wanna hear it!

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                                2021 303RLS
                                Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Working...
                                X