• Show
Clear All

One person's opinion: https://www.thewiseadventurer.com/best-rv-water-pump/
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

. it has occurred to me that the drip leak at the pump may be caused by the water heating pressure rise . . .

Isn't plumbing fun .

Rob
      I have had the same thought, I have been considering an expansion tank to see if that would help with the pressure build from the hor water heater.
      2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
      Traded 2021 Reflection 337
      2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
      Formerly M&K337

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
        LOL like the Ford/Chevy/ Dodge debate But they did not test the SureFlo I am interested in. Good information though.
        Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

TedS interesting read,

Ironically, their first choice is the SeaFlo 55 which is the pump that would not shut off with my 2 gal accumulator tank in the system. Their instructions say “does not need an accumulator tank” . . . I would expand this to “will not work with an accumulator tank”.

it is interesting that their second choice, the Remco Aquajet instructions advise adding an accumulator tank to minimize hydraulic pulsation.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob Rob, I wonder if you could put a pressure regulator or check valve behind the pump (in addition to the internal one) but before the accumulator tank to keep the tank from "BOUNCING" the pressure back into the piping creating the issue you were experiencing.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Could be bypass and shutoff pressures needed adjusting.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                Cate&Rob Rob, I wonder if you could put a pressure regulator or check valve behind the pump (in addition to the internal one) but before the accumulator tank to keep the tank from "BOUNCING" the pressure back into the piping creating the issue you were experiencing.
                I did try to dampen this with a check valve on the outlet of the pump, but it made no difference. This situation happens with either the 5 GPM or 3 GPM Seaflo pumps, but not at all with the original Shurflo 3 GPM pump.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

But . . . I have learned that I am back to dealing with the 100+ psi pressure rise due to water heating that the accumulator tank solved.

Are you saying the expansion of the heated water brought your pressure up by 100psi? Or to 100psi?

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                  2021 303RLS
                  Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

Are you saying the expansion of the heated water brought your pressure up by 100psi? Or to 100psi?
                    I have seen water pressure well over 100 psi after turning the water heater on.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I put a recording pressure gage on my system and saw around 140psi due to heating water. I have since installed an expansion tank.

This expansion is why people occasionally see water dripping from the water heater relief valve, the pressure exceeded the setting.
                      Ted
                      2021 Reflection 310RLS
                      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I've not experienced any of the water leaks people are noting but I have tried a couple different types of pumps for the on-demand noise in some of my previous campers and have settled on this device which I found on another forum. HOME / IRVWPC

I'm quite impressed with it's performance so far and it operates very similar to the other variable speed high-end pumps I've tried in the past. To be honest now, with this new controller and my factory pump, you can't even hear it come on and the water pressure is amazing. It spools up and down based on demand but yet can't be heard. It also includes lots of other useful safety features if you want to enable then with the dip switches. It was super easy to install and has a monitoring see-through cover to see the operating and error lights. I have not installed an accumulator tank for my fiver as I have not seen an issue that I need to correct. This controller also has different pressure settings for pump on/off operation.​
                        40-year Camping Enthusiast
                        2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
                        2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

COReflection Interesting tip! Thanks.
                          I have contacted them to ask if their controller can solve my pump to accumulator pressure pulse “bounce” situation.

Rob
                          Cate & Rob
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by COReflection View Post
                            I've not experienced any of the water leaks people are noting but I have tried a couple different types of pumps for the on-demand noise in some of my previous campers and have settled on this device which I found on another forum. HOME / IRVWPC

I'm quite impressed with it's performance so far and it operates very similar to the other variable speed high-end pumps I've tried in the past. To be honest now, with this new controller and my factory pump, you can't even hear it come on and the water pressure is amazing. It spools up and down based on demand but yet can't be heard. It also includes lots of other useful safety features if you want to enable then with the dip switches. It was super easy to install and has a monitoring see-through cover to see the operating and error lights. I have not installed an accumulator tank for my fiver as I have not seen an issue that I need to correct. This controller also has different pressure settings for pump on/off operation.​
                            This reminds me that I have that item, just need to remember where I put it and get it installed.

Brian
                            Brian & Michelle
                            2018 Reflection 29RS
                            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

This reminds me that I have that item, just need to remember where I put it and get it installed.

Brian
                              You will love it. The first time out in our new Reflection....my wife says....."Hey' I can't hear that annoying water pump that we used to in the other campers. Do we not have one in this new camper?"
                              40-year Camping Enthusiast
                              2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
                              2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

Originally posted by COReflection View Post

You will love it. The first time out in our new Reflection....my wife says....."Hey' I can't hear that annoying water pump that we used to in the other campers. Do we not have one in this new camper?"
                                Although that is good to hear I do like to hear the pump, it lets me know if there is a leak somewhere.

Brian
                                Brian & Michelle
                                2018 Reflection 29RS
                                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                                X