Water Pump Woes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump Woes!

I’m wondering if anyone else is having trouble, or has had, with the Seaflo professional water pump. I tracked down water coming from the pressure switch on the original one. I got with Grand Design and got it replaced under warranty. This was about a year ago, now the replacement one is leaking from the pressure switch as well. I have checked the screws and they are tight. Has anyone had one of those apart? Can you pull the pressure switch and maybe silicone to help seal?
    Open to suggestions!
    Attached Files
    2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
    Traded 2021 Reflection 337
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
    Formerly M&K337

The switch is replaceable / repairable.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
      The switch is replaceable / repairable.
      I have the same pump with a drip leak from the seal between the switch and the pump body. It seems like this should be an easy fix but I cannot find a source for SeaFlo parts. If anyone can find a source, this will save many of us from buying new pumps.

Rob

Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Check with Seaflo. I believe they have a 4 yr warranty on their RV pumps.
        2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

I had the same problem with our Seaflo. I had installed it to replace the OEM one when we had the rig replumbed thinking it would be an upgrade. Leaked in the same place and I couldn't get it to stop. The way I fixed it was replace with OEM and tossed it in the trash.
          Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
          TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

So we are learning that the SeaFlow pump is not the most reliable pump? Pick a different brand to have as a spare?

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

I have the same pump with a drip leak from the seal between the switch and the pump body. It seems like this should be an easy fix but I cannot find a source for SeaFlo parts. If anyone can find a source, this will save many of us from buying new pumps.

Rob
              Does this help
              https://www.seaflousa.com/product-ca...s-accessories/

However no pricing or ordering information. They do have contact information though.

Keith
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

On my list for this week is to replace my water pump, I have a SeaFlow that I have had for a year ready to go lol.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I replaced my original pump with a SeaFlo which is much quieter . . . I did not realize that parts are not available. I did put a question on their contact us link a while back but heard nothing back. Looks like another pump change is in my list of things to do. Any other recommendations for a quiet pump?

Rob
                  Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

It used to be that Sure flow https://www.pentair.com/en-us/brands/shurflo.html was the go to standard.. Now there are several brands and types (variable speed/ different types of pumps, etc) being advertised . It's probably like a Ford/Chevy/Dodge debate or the ever popular oil brand, but what is actually good anymore? Ill have to look at what I have. I think its yellow in color. Hopefully it's on the GD build sheet save me taking the false wall out again.
                    Keith

On edit changed the link.
                    https://www.pentair.com/en-us/produc...al=Residential
                    Last edited by Yoda; 02-29-2024, 01:19 PM.
                    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I replaced my original pump with a SeaFlo which is much quieter . . . I did not realize that parts are not available. I did put a question on their contact us link a while back but heard nothing back. Looks like another pump change is in my list of things to do. Any other recommendations for a quiet pump?

Rob
                      Rob You got me thinking too, especially now that I know my Yellow one is OEM Lippert

IRV2 has several threads on the various brands and types of pumps. Of course you need to sort through the BS.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/quie...-617336-3.html
                      https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/bes...mp-495635.html
                      https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/rep...ne-480413.html
                      https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/rep...lp-475791.html

Then there are all sorts of U-tube vids and reviews if you Google( Best RV water pump). From a quick read Sure Flow has some new quiet models out.
                      Hope this helps
                      Keith

Comment

Rob
                        I did that when ours was leaking, we were at a Texas state park where they could have shipped me a new one. All I got back on the website was a response I couldn't read, Chinese charters. That right there told me it needed to go in the trash.
                        Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
                        TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Originally posted by Reacher View Post
                          Check with Seaflo. I believe they have a 4 yr warranty on their RV pumps.
                          I tried to contact Seaflo when the first one leaked and never heard back. I reached out to GD to see if they had any contact information and they sent me a replacement. The 4 year warranty is true, but I don’t want to replace it every year.
                          Formerly M&K337

Comment

Sounds like I may be doing a review on another brand of pump soon. Is it a good idea to run PEX to the water pump? A second replacement and I am sure the soft hose will start leaking this time. I just had to replace the plastic water heater check valve, and got rid of the soft hose, the more I worked with it, the more it leaked.
                            Formerly M&K337

Comment

I had heard a long time ago that pex all the way to the pump adds noise and you want soft hose from the pump to absorb the vibration. That said I think when I redid mine I ran pex to the pump and it’s been fine.
                              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                              X