No announcement yet.

Suspension bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If LCI had that video made, they should have watched it many times. The shear amount of hanger flex (which is why they came out with the V braces later) should be enough to open the eyes of the engineers.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

• If LCI paid attention as their shackle extension moves the spring eye lower and gets more leverage to flex the original shackles, they might have at least welded stiffeners to the original shackles. It appears their better system adds more lateral flex load.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

• Originally posted by ajg617 View Post

Rob,
        That's a scary film to watch.
        John
        And if you think about it, once that front wheel lifted.....the rear hanger is the only solid suspension connection to the frame. The equalizer pivots. The rear hanger is doing everything it can to steady the leafs until such time as a weld breaks or bolt breaks. At least that's how I see it?
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        2021 303RLS
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

And if you think about it, once that front wheel lifted.....the rear hanger is the only solid suspension connection to the frame. The equalizer pivots. The rear hanger is doing everything it can to steady the leafs until such time as a weld breaks or bolt breaks. At least that's how I see it?
          Is the front wheel lifting off with the CRE3000 equalizers as well?
          2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
          2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

Rob,
            That's a scary film to watch.
            John
            You can say that again. I am amazed broken hangers are not more of a problem than they seem to be. Whoever said it's not if but when you break a hanger was right on the money.
            Nels & Vanessa
            2022 Reflection 31MB
            2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 SRW Standard Bed Duramax, BW OEM non slider hitch custom 7000 axles w dual panhard rods and G rated tires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

That is exactly the point. During heavy braking, the rear hangers are the only solid link between the road and the trailer.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Is the front wheel lifting off with the CRE3000 equalizers as well?
                All cushioned or solid equalizers (including MORryde) pivot around a single point and will transfer the load, lifting the front axle, exactly as shown in the referenced video. The only exceptions to this would be the LCI Centerpoint equalizer which has separate center pivot points for each spring.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

The only exceptions to this would be the LCI Centerpoint equalizer which has separate center pivot points for each spring.

Rob
                  Was that your main reason for installing it?

2021 303RLS

Comment

• Scott'n'Wendy Not a “main reason” . . . but certainly a consideration. Somewhere, there must be what we used to call “math models” that could show the motion and load transfers, but creating these is beyond my skill set. Gyrogearloose used to be part of this forum and was creating these, but I have not heard from him for quite a while.

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• OK I was board today (snow and cold) so did a bit of web searching. Ran across an interesting manufacturer of bushings.https://www.skf.com/us thier bushing materials info https://cdn.skfmediahub.skf.com/api/...iew_medium.pdf They have several steel sleeved versions.
                      I have tried to send them an email but thier system is down. Motion industry is a distributor for thier products so I will call them tomorrow I ran across this at IRV2 when researching what never fail bushings are made of.

Just food for thought.

Keith

On edit. It is curious to note where they say to put the grease hole based in system dynamics.
                      Last edited by Yoda; 11-26-2023, 03:48 PM.
                      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

• Yoda I believe I read that the never fail bushings are a polyamide composite. Those SKF bushings are similar to DU bushings. Good stuff.
                        Ted
                        2021 Reflection 310RLS
                        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

• Originally posted by TedS View Post
                          Those SKF bushings are similar to DU bushings. Good stuff.
                          ?? What's DU?
                          When I see capital letters "DU" I think Ducks Unlimited...

2021 303RLS

Comment

• Had to look it up myself:

https://iskbearing.com/news/knowledg...ing-properties
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

• The old manufacturer brand we bought from was Garlock. Once the patents expired a lot of manufacturers began making the bushings. I'm not sure the thin shell would hold up well in the not-round spring eyes.
                              Ted
                              2021 Reflection 310RLS
                              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

• I deleted the Wikipedia link, it doesn't work. Sorry. The current company is GGB. Apparently now owned by Timken.
                                Last edited by TedS; 11-27-2023, 08:59 AM.
                                Ted
                                2021 Reflection 310RLS
                                2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                                X