X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link doesn't work for me TedS

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

• Originally posted by TedS View Post
      The old manufacturer brand we bought from was Garlock. Once the patents expired a lot of manufacturers began making the bushings. I'm not sure the thin shell would hold up well in the not-round spring eyes.
      Nothing else seems to. I think I'd like a DU bushing with a solid bolt over the often used nylon. Might be worth a try.
      2021 303RLS

Comment

• The problem is that the “standard” spring eyes are so small. Unless we can find someone to make springs with larger eyes . . . steel backed bushings with composite liners will not be possible. The total wall thickness of the bushing has to be in the range of 0.057”. (.690 - .575) / 2. There is room in the hangers and shackles for larger diameter spring wraps . . .

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          The total wall thickness of the bushing has to be in the range of 0.057”. (.690 - .575) / 2.
          Rob
          Thought you were a metric guy Rob.
          So 17.56 - 14.6 = 2.955mm/2 which is in the range of the ISK DU bearings. But you would have to use two per bolt. Is that a good practice?
          2021 303RLS

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231127_073501_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	124314 The standard DU bushings are 0.047 thick. Close.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

• Scott'n'Wendy you could use two per bolt. They would be in the same eye bore.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

• Originally posted by TedS View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231127_073501_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	124314 The standard DU bushings are 0.047 thick. Close.
                Ted, Do you have a link to the rest of this chart?

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• Rob I think I found it here https://www.ggbearings.com/en/our-pr...er-bearings/du under downloads GGB DU® & DX® - Metal-Polymer - Maintenance-Free Bearing Solutions (US Market) page 3-2

Keith
                  2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

• Also their DP4 bushing catalog.

GGB-DP4-and-DP4-B-Metal-Polymer-Self-Lubricating-Lead-Free-Bearing-Solutions-2023.pdf
                    Ted
                    2021 Reflection 310RLS
                    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

• Just went out to air up the tires for the winter and took a good look at the shackles - silver metal shavings all over the residual grease. Those were the replacement MORryde shackles sent by GD that came with the silver bolts pressed in. Not a good sign with 3800 miles on them.
                      2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
                      2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

• Originally posted by ajg617 View Post
                        Just went out to air up the tires for the winter and took a good look at the shackles - silver metal shavings all over the residual grease. Those were the replacement MORryde shackles sent by GD that came with the silver bolts pressed in. Not a good sign with 3800 miles on them.
                        Just so I understand, are you saying the the bolts are possibly spinning and creating shavings from the bracket, or the sleeve is grinding the bolt down?
                        2021 GD Momentum 320G 8K Axle
                        2023 Chevy 3500HD LTZ SB CC 4x4 Dmax

Comment

• Originally posted by Wileykid View Post

Just so I understand, are you saying the the bolts are possibly spinning and creating shavings from the bracket, or the sleeve is grinding the bolt down?
                          I can't tell - didn't pull them apart. But there is grease on the inside and outside of the shackles and flakes on both inside and outside. The bolts came pressed in on the splined end from MORryde and sent by GD when we had our issues at Glacier. There really is silver metal flakes everywhere including on the CRE3000. I can't see any flaking on front or rear hangers - same new bolts on them.
                          2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn

Comment

• Originally posted by ajg617 View Post

I can't tell - didn't pull them apart. But there is grease on the inside and outside of the shackles and flakes on both inside and outside. The bolts came pressed in on the splined end from MORryde and sent by GD when we had our issues at Glacier. There really is silver metal flakes everywhere including on the CRE3000. I can't see any flaking on front or rear hangers - same new bolts on them.
                            Wow, sorry to hear that. Even when mine destroyed itself, there was no flaking. I guess the IS you have been talking about is becoming more of a reality.

One other thing, they did put the copper sleeves in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wileykid View Post

Wow, sorry to hear that. Even when mine destroyed itself, there was no flaking. I guess the IS you have been talking about is becoming more of a reality.

One other thing, they did put the copper sleeves in?
                              We left and got breakfast while they did the work - but sleeves were included with the kit. I almost hate to touch it since the next time we move it will be to GD in Elkhart in April. But I sure would like to know what is wearing. Looks like most of the stuff is shedding from the bolts closest to the equalizer.

Comment

• An update on my attempt to get reimbursed for the wet bolts breaking on my trailer after 14,000 miles. Talking to GD, they said that Dexter told them that the wet bolts are a "wear and tear" item, and will not cover it. Dexter also said from the pictures, the issue was the shackle brackets, which are from Morryde. GD is waiting on a response from Morryde.

Comment

Working...
                                X