Imagine XLS 22RBE-Axle problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine XLS 22RBE-Axle problems

I called Grand Design to find if the bending (downward) of the rear axle on the tandem axle is a common problem due to the axle capacity (3000 lbs). The service advisor said to reach out to the forum to see if this is a problem. I know of 2 people with the same model (Imagine XLS 22RBE), one a year older, had severe inside wear on the back tires and had a bent rear axle (crown downward). Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

Originally posted by Mcostanza View Post
    I called Grand Design to find if the bending (downward) of the rear axle on the tandem axle is a common problem due to the axle capacity (3000 lbs). The service advisor said to reach out to the forum to see if this is a problem. I know of 2 people with the same model (Imagine XLS 22RBE), one a year older, had severe inside wear on the back tires and had a bent rear axle (crown downward). Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!
    Center crown should be up. Find a good frame and axle shop. Sounds like you need a new axle, or axles. Have you ever weighed your rig ready to go?. If replacing axles consider an upsizing. Again a good frame/alignment suspension place can advise.

BTW an axle should never be bent back into crown - never!!!! - only replaced.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel. Reese R20 Titan hitch, Steadyfast system, 2004 F350 King Ranch dually

Comment

Mcostanza Welcome to the forum and the Family!.

When you get a chance, check out the forum welcome letter which will hopefully make your forum usage a little easier.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, and the baby kitty Cleo.
      Pilot (Zebulon), NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R

Comment

I have he same problem on my 2019 22RBE that I have not yet fixed. After 8000 miles rear tires have excessive negative camber and excessive uneven wear. Never abused, not overweight, weight distributed properly between axles.
        2019 22RBE, 2001 HR DP

Comment

Mcostanza bikedave

I have reached out to Grand Design to see if they have any input on this issue. Being as there are 2 owners with a possible issue this warrants a closer look.

​​​​​​​Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS Oct.2017 build date, EMS-HW50C , Lippert Remote
          2015 Chevy 3500HD CC LB Duramax , Reese Elite 18K

Comment

Working...
          X