No announcement yet.

Grand Design Propane Regulator recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had my regulator fail just after I had the trailer for about 3 months (2016). Lost a whole tank of propane; but fortunate no fire. The dealer said there was a recall (news to me) and changed out the whole thing including the hose between the tanks and the second satellite regulator. They would not reimburse me for the lost tank of propane. I am still bothered by that. Seems if the regulator fails under recall (and warranty) and you lose a tank of propane, that should be reimbursed as well. It was not my fault and was instead the fault of their equipment. I have not been real satisfied with the dealer service I have been getting. Slow and not able to do all the warranty items I bring to their attention.
    Tony G
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Highcountry
    2016 Grand Designs Reflection 303RLS
    KTM 250XC

Comment

Originally posted by tgodrich View Post
      I had my regulator fail just after I had the trailer for about 3 months (2016). Lost a whole tank of propane; but fortunate no fire. The dealer said there was a recall (news to me) and changed out the whole thing including the hose between the tanks and the second satellite regulator. They would not reimburse me for the lost tank of propane. I am still bothered by that. Seems if the regulator fails under recall (and warranty) and you lose a tank of propane, that should be reimbursed as well. It was not my fault and was instead the fault of their equipment. I have not been real satisfied with the dealer service I have been getting. Slow and not able to do all the warranty items I bring to their attention.
      The current recall does not cover your 2016 Reflection. The dealer done this under your extended warranty and not thru Grand Design. Grand Design does not provide any type of extended warranty beyond what the new RV comes with therefore any item that your dealer repairs or covers under this warranty is directly on them thru the warranty company.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

The current recall does not cover your 2016 Reflection. The dealer done this under your extended warranty and not thru Grand Design. Grand Design does not provide any type of extended warranty beyond what the new RV comes with therefore any item that your dealer repairs or covers under this warranty is directly on them thru the warranty company.

Brian
        The original work was on the GD warranty. The trailer was only 3 months old.
        Tony G
        2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Highcountry
        2016 Grand Designs Reflection 303RLS
        KTM 250XC

Comment

Winn-Tec LP regulator model 6020 Click image for larger version

Name:	160022269.jpg
Views:	958
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	63288Click image for larger version

Name:	150058783.jpg
Views:	949
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	63289Click image for larger version

Name:	154614274.jpg
Views:	957
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	63290

Take no chance with this recall. Shut your propane system down until you get it replaced. I wish I had.

Comment

Originally posted by utome40 View Post
            Take no chance with this recall. Shut your propane system down until you get it replaced. I wish I had.
            Yikes! That's quite a first post.

If you'd like to know more about this forum, please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Just got my letter the other day. When I called Grand Design I was told to purchase one on line and have a local RV repair person do the necessary work. Of course they would have to follow all the GD guidelines. When I found an independent RV repair person, they informed me that they would not work on a GD because they don’t pay. So I called a second time and was told the same. Called the local GD dealership and was told to call the manufacturer. Sent an email to GD and waiting for a response. However, GD did give me a case number, but I still get the run around. I would prefer to have a qualified technician do the work at a Grand Design dealership. My question is, how will the process work? Will GD ship part to me? Will dealership receive part? Am I responsible to locate replacement part? Maybe someone from GD will reach out to me and answer all my questions.
              2019 Imagine 2600RB

Comment

what year is this for I have a 2021 303rls no letter
                2021 Reflection 303RLS
                2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
                Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by mlpatton View Post
                  Just got my letter the other day. When I called Grand Design I was told to purchase one on line and have a local RV repair person do the necessary work. Of course they would have to follow all the GD guidelines. When I found an independent RV repair person, they informed me that they would not work on a GD because they don’t pay. So I called a second time and was told the same. Called the local GD dealership and was told to call the manufacturer. Sent an email to GD and waiting for a response. However, GD did give me a case number, but I still get the run around. I would prefer to have a qualified technician do the work at a Grand Design dealership. My question is, how will the process work? Will GD ship part to me? Will dealership receive part? Am I responsible to locate replacement part? Maybe someone from GD will reach out to me and answer all my questions.
                  Mark,

Please update your user profile with your VIN, and fill out the signature block with your model of RV. I'll contact a GDRV rep and see if they can assist you. This welcome letter explains how to populate the data we need to move forward.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Jim
                  Jim and Ginnie
                  2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                  GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                  GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
                    what year is this for I have a 2021 303rls no letter
                    Dennis - Do you have a Winntec regulator? It will look like the one in the photo below. If you have a different regulator, your rig is not subject to the recall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Winntec.JPG
Views:	724
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	64368
                    Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Jim,
                      VIN number entered. I believe that I have correctly added model to signature.

Mark
                      2019 Imagine 2600RB

Comment

Mark,

Great job. That will help.

Can you please look into the comment above and see if there is anyway to assist this customer? It's a 2019 Imagine 2600RB, and his VIN is in the "about" section of his profile.

Thanks.

P.S. - Mark, The National rally is just starting to kick off, and all GDRV employees will be working some extra long hours supporting that endeavor. So it may take a little while before they respond.

Jim
                        Jim and Ginnie

Comment

I used a mobile tech who supplied the regulator and paid for it out of my pocket. I sent GD what they required for reimbursement and to my surprise, I received a check covering the full amount.
                          Bill & Cindy
                          2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
                          2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                          SE Texas

Comment

FYI, this was the response I received from GD after my initial email to CS.

"Good morning,

Thank you for reaching out to Grand Design, you do not have to go to a GDRV dealership for the recall.

If you choose to use a local dealership or mobile technician, we authorize 0.9 (of their hourly rate) to replace the defective regulator and perform the LP drop test. If they can source the replacement locally there is no issue, however, it must be a non-winntec or Enerco brand regulator that is RV listed.

When submitting the invoice for payment, we require photos front/back of the replacement that was installed, photos of the defective regulator, and the results of the LP drop test.

Please see the attached example photo of what we need a picture of on the defective regulator."
                            Bill & Cindy
                            2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
                            2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                            SE Texas

Comment

I will have to look next time I pick it up but trying to remember I dont think so
                              2021 Reflection 303RLS
                              2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
                              Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Hi mlpatton! I have added your questions to your case and reached out to the customer service representative and requested for her to follow up with you. Please allow 24-48 hours for her to reach out. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X