Published trailer height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

Did you do it? And if you did...what did it measure?
    I did not accomplish this . . . there was always too much else going on when hitching up . . . and, my laser level lives at home.

Rob

Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

My 337 says its around 13'2" but it fits under the door in the barn that measures around 13'1" There is a slight incline coming into the barn so I suspect I may be gaining an inch or 2 as the front clears the door the truck is about 2 inches below the floor level. We would have ordered the 2nd AC if I could have been sure it would clear but I figured we could always add it later if we felt it was needed.
      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Off topic . . . I know . . . but I couldn't resist . . . .

Click image for larger version

Name:	l1727833363.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	102175
        Cate & Rob
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
          Are the published heights for trailers on the GD website accurate? We will be taking our trailer cross continent before too long and thought I better check clearances on the route. But I neglected to measure our trailer height in the summer and now it is not possible. GD says our 303RLS, with no second A/C is 12'3" high. To those that have measured, is the published number dependable? I should have no issues with a low bridge sign indicating 12'6"?
          I carry a height measuring stick like this https://www.amazon.com/Height-Stick-...00DNEHUEO?th=1 Its useful to not only check your trailer, but questionable limbs at camp sites. Shop around as some good deals can be found.

Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I think I have told this story before on this forum . . . waiting to check into a campground . . . and I watch another 5th wheel owner assemble a PVC tube "T" that drops into a holder on his front bumper. He then proceeds into the campground with a height and width gauge that is going to find any low branches or similar, before trailer contact. If we frequented tight and heavily treed campgrounds . . . I would build on of these.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Yoda
              That's a pretty neat stick Keith! .......The tools that are out there that you just don't know exist until someone tells ya.
              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

There are several threads going back as far as 2019, and maybe further, on measuring the height of trailers. Here's one Height of RV - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)
                John
                2018 Momentum 395M
                2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
                X