Starlink, Mobile and Home Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Regarding Flagpole Buddy. I still need to stand on a stool to set the pole in the brackets. However since Brian is probably closer to 7 feet tall than he is my height, he should be able to reach it with no problem.

Jim
    Don't feel bad Jim. I am just as vertically challenged as you. However we don't haft to duck as far when we walk under the trailer overhang
    Keith

PS I do keep a single step stool around though, especially to hook up (lock the hitch). Brian could probably just reach without even leaning over the bed rail
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

However we don't haft to duck as far when we walk under the trailer overhang
      There's always positives....just need the right outlook/attitude.

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      2021 303RLS
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Items procured and mounted to 1/4" plywood for installation under the steps.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	wifi1.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	126971

Name:	wifi2.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	126972

Accessible from the pass thru storage.

I will be placing a set of switches to control power. I need to test all operations before final install.

Should power be fused between power supply and POE injector?

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          Items procured and mounted to 1/4" plywood for installation under the steps.

Name:	wifi1.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	126971

Name:	wifi2.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	126972

Accessible from the pass thru storage.

I will be placing a set of switches to control power. I need to test all operations before final install.

Should power be fused between power supply and POE injector?

Brian
          Nice. I just fused the feed to the 48v power supply.
          40-year Camping Enthusiast
          2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
          2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

I just read an announcement today that later this year, Starlink will release a new antenna called the Mini. It's about the size of a small laptop, and can fit in a backpack. It's believed that you'll be able to power it with 12V.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
              ajg617
              I like it!...not sure I need it...but I like it.
              The flagpole buddy or the Piper?😁
              2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
              2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

I just read an announcement today that later this year, Starlink will release a new antenna called the Mini. It's about the size of a small laptop, and can fit in a backpack. It's believed that you'll be able to power it with 12V.

Jim
                This could get very interesting with the recent launch of Starlink/T-Mobile cellular capable Satellites. Direct to Cell technology partners reportedly include KDDI (Japan), Optus (Australia), One NZ (New Zealand), and Rogers (Canada) in addition to T-Mobile.
                2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
                2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

Originally posted by ajg617 View Post

This could get very interesting with the recent launch of Starlink/T-Mobile cellular capable Satellites. Direct to Cell technology partners reportedly include KDDI (Japan), Optus (Australia), One NZ (New Zealand), and Rogers (Canada) in addition to T-Mobile.
                  Yup...you own something for six months and it becomes obsolete, gotta buy more stuff to stay current....
                  2021 303RLS

Comment

I just ordered my star link mobile today. I have been aware of it for a while but have hobbled by with a Verizon 4g jet pack.... After reading this thread, I realized I "MUST" have real internet. 😁 Thanks to this forum for spending my money! I hate having any of that laying around...
                    I went with the new standard mobile package after a solid 5 minutes of research, I will report back once I receive my order and get it set up.
                    Bill
                    2023 Imagine AIM 15RB
                    2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by Bill2023 View Post
                      Thanks to this forum for spending my money!
                      We're very good at what we do!....lol

Just wait till you ask about tools......or spare parts.....

2021 303RLS

Comment

Jim
                        An here I thought I could avoid looking into this, BUT.................................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrfnyDnsTIA
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMLAgalHwaU
                        https://starlinkinsider.com/spacex-g...arlink-dishes/
                        https://www.starlink.com/specifications?spec=3 Starlink current antenna offerings
                        https://www.pcmag.com/news/fcc-appro...-starlink-dish
                        https://www.starlinkhardware.com/bac...ays-elon-musk/

However from reading, it appears for mobile use the new HP one may be better - correct. But they use more power. Me thinks Ill let you guys sort out the bugs on the best set up and save my money for now. SWMBO would have a cow on the monthly bill.

Keith
                        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda Last I saw the HP one was $3,000. Given how well my standard one works it would be hard to justify that cost.
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I agree with Neil, just not worth the cost. I'm sure it is better, but you would have to have a need for that extra ability. Like 'run'n'gunnin' on Tour of Duty online and streaming six HD movies at the same time while SWMBO is facetiming with the grandkids...lol
                            2021 303RLS

Comment

Country Campers
                              I missed your post earlier but I agree with COReflection , I would just fuse the supply side of the PS
                              Just FYI, the yaosheng POE has an internal 3a glass fuse.
                              Nice looking install.

The back of the router has a reset button. Might want to mark the top of the router where it is in case you need to use press it at sometime in the future. Maybe?
                              Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 01-14-2024, 01:21 PM.
                              2021 303RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                                I agree with Neil, just not worth the cost. I'm sure it is better, but you would have to have a need for that extra ability. Like 'run'n'gunnin' on Tour of Duty online and streaming six HD movies at the same time while SWMBO is facetiming with the grandkids...lol
                                ncitro

Yep I miss read the price....left off a zero

Maybe down the road in a few years
                                Thanks
                                Keith

Comment

Working...
                                X