No announcement yet.

Good small electric coffee pot. Essential new appliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought one of these years back 2014 with the first 30A TT. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 takes about 20 min to brew the full 9 cups.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Go big, or go home..... 135 cups of java goodness!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Coffee.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	78152

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Name:	Coffee.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	78152

Jim

OK you got me on that one. 6 cup size is more than enough for us.

Keith

Are those for a rally?

Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

After brewing that much, this is how TucsonJim gets his coffee:

Name:	iv.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	78187
          Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
          2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
          2020 Momentum 351M
          2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

I figured with that much coffee it came with a self catheter kit.

Unless, that's 3 pots so someone does not need to fix the pot later in the day for say noon and 3 pm coffee. So you have breakfast, lunch and afternoon coffee pots.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

TucsonJim 's got everyone fooled--but me. Those pots don't hold coffee. They are small kegs that look like coffee urns, most likely filled with some exotic IPA.

(Wow are we way OT...a moderator should yell at someone soon...)
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I'm a fan of this OXO Brew "9" Cup coffee maker: https://amazon.com/OXO-Barista-Brain.../dp/B00YEYKK8U Though I don't remember that I paid that much for it. It brews a full pot in ~10 minutes and has a thermal carafe, so no hot plate to keep pulling energy. I know there are some Bonavita makers that get good reviews too.
                Tim H.
                2022 Imagine XLS 23BHE
                2019 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel
                Formerly: 2016 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew, FX4, 3.5L EB, 6-1/2' bed
                Formerly: 2019 Keystone Passport 175BH

Comment

Since my bride likes tea and I like coffee we have one of these:

https://www.target.com/p/hamilton-be...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

and I use this with a filter:

https://www.amazon.com/Melitta-64008...19057296&psc=1
                  John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
                  2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
                  ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
                  2017 Jayco 26BH
                  2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Originally posted by J & J Bumblebee View Post
                    Since my bride likes tea and I like coffee we have one of these:

https://www.target.com/p/hamilton-be...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

and I use this with a filter:

https://www.amazon.com/Melitta-64008...19057296&psc=1
                    John I like your approach - simple. When in scouting my scout master used a tin can, punched holes in the bottom and put the coffee in and pored water over it, Said the grounds made his hair grow (he was bald)
                    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

The DW found this one Amazon.com : Coleman Camping Coffee Maker,Black : Drip Coffeemakers : Sports & Outdoors as she is looking for a way to make coffee without shore power, no inverter yet. We are not sure if this is something we will get or not. Although this is not electric ( boogey woogey) it is an alternative.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Jim
                        Now here's a guy that speaks my language.

Actually I try to keep my coffee consumption down to two or three pots a day....with an espresso thrown in every now and then.

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                          The DW found this one Amazon.com : Coleman Camping Coffee Maker,Black : Drip Coffeemakers : Sports & Outdoors as she is looking for a way to make coffee without shore power, no inverter yet. We are not sure if this is something we will get or not. Although this is not electric ( boogey woogey) it is an alternative.

Brian
                          I always found that intriguing but have never used one. We used to use one of these (a different brand) in the scouts:

Farberware 50124 Classic Yosemite Stainless Steel Coffee Percolator - 8 Cup, Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005NCWQ...ing=UTF8&psc=1

My in laws are big coffee drinkers and are pretty picky about it. Until I set them up with an inverter they used to boil water in a kettle and pour it over the filter in their drip coffee maker. They claimed it worked great, just didn't keep it warm after it was made.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Brian
                            Now that is interesting. A camp stove powered drip coffee maker. The reason for this thread was to get away from a stove top peculator, But I will keep that on in my saved list.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Now that is interesting. A camp stove powered drip coffee maker. The reason for this thread was to get away from a stove top peculator, But I will keep that on in my saved list.
                              Yes I know that I went a little sideways but I thought it was something of an alternative, plus saves battery power when dry camping.

At least I did not recommend making it in a styrofoam cup on the fire. All of us Boy Scouts need to get together sometime and camp like camping should be , or use to be.

Brian
                              Brian & Michelle
                              2018 Reflection 29RS
                              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yes I know that I went a little sideways but I thought it was something of an alternative, plus saves battery power when dry camping.

At least I did not recommend making it in a styrofoam cup on the fire. All of us Boy Scouts need to get together sometime and camp like camping should be , or use to be.

Brian
                                I was always hated the breakfast in a paper bag over the fire. Bacon crack an egg into the bag and put a stick through the top of the bag and hold it over the fire. Got impatient and lowered the bag and watched your breakfast go up in a paper bag/bacon grease inferno lol.

Neil Citro
                                2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                                2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                                X