No announcement yet.

Upgraded Suspension Too Much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoda ncitro thank you both for the info. My previous RV had torsion axles with shocks and it pulled much smoother. Short of IS what would you both recommend? I am open to suggestions. I really do not want to use something that is not going to perform the way I need it to. Thanks
    2017 F250 Diesel Superduty SRW SWB
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Originally posted by drifterranch View Post
      Yoda ncitro thank you both for the info. My previous RV had torsion axles with shocks and it pulled much smoother. Short of IS what would you both recommend? I am open to suggestions. I really do not want to use something that is not going to perform the way I need it to. Thanks
      They are proud of it but I have been running the Lippert Center Point equalizer system for about three years and it has made a big difference for me. I spoke with one of the SRTs about it at the national rally, and he was running it on his service trailer (they haul a ton of weight) and he had put it on his parents fifth wheel as well. I actually had the MorRyde SRE4000 with the xfactor crossmembers before this, and he convinced me to give that up for this.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...LC1565391.html
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

ncitro thanks I will explore this option. This eliminates the need for the X factor crossmember?
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

ncitro thanks I will explore this option. This eliminates the need for the X factor crossmember?
          I would not say it eliminates the need, but you cannot run the center one because of how this attaches. You could probably run a front and rear if you wanted to. I gave my entire SRE4000 and its one cross member to a buddy.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

I have the Dexter EZ-Flex center equalizer and it has don well. https://www.dexteraxle.com/Dexter-E-Z-Flex
            I added the x-Factors at three location (front,equalizer,rear) and it reduced the side flex entirely from what I could fee and seel. I highly recommend them no matter which way you go. They serve a different purpose than the equalizer. I am also a sumo spring fan, although I have mine set up as bump stops, and not full contact all the time. They did very well on my Alaska trip.'

Again - just my 02 for what it is worth.

BTW the Lippert Center Point equalizer system looks very interesting. If you go that route the x-factor cross brace cant be used at that position so you would only do the front and rear hanger locations

Safe Travels
            Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

I have the Dexter EZ-Flex center equalizer and it has don well. https://www.dexteraxle.com/Dexter-E-Z-Flex
              I added the x-Factors at three location (front,equalizer,rear) and it reduced the side flex entirely from what I could fee and seel. I highly recommend them no matter which way you go. They serve a different purpose than the equalizer. I am also a sumo spring fan, although I have mine set up as bump stops, and not full contact all the time. They did very well on my Alaska trip.'

Again - just my 02 for what it is worth.

BTW the Lippert Center Point equalizer system looks very interesting. If you go that route the x-factor cross brace cant be used at that position so you would only do the front and rear hanger locations

Safe Travels
              Keith
              ncitro Yoda thank you both. There are so many products out there sometimes it is hard to figure out the best way to go. On another topic It took me 3 years to install the Rv airflow system and Rv silencers deciding if they were really worth the expense.
              2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
                In a slipper spring set up only one end is bolted/restrained so the force on the fixed connection is about doubled.
                Keith is absolutely correct on this.

The OE spring hangers are sized for a system that shares the load. A slipper spring system is "independent" . . . meaning that each axle attachment has to be sized to carry the entire load. To further complicate his, the slipper spring system in question has the aft spring running backwards to standard slipper spring design where the captured spring eye leads. Add to this the significant size holes required in the lower I beam frame flange to mount the damper . . . and the unreinforced load path that this damper creates in rapid load situations.

Full disclosure . . . I seriously considered the slipper spring and damper (shock absorber) design and talked with the designer of this system at length. Suffice to say that I chose to run the Lippert Centerpoint airbag equalizer (discussed previously) and Sumos. Thousands of miles later, I am still happy with this combination.

Rob

Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
                  They sure are... Wow..two thousand bucks including discount

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                  2021 303RLS
                  Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

I did warn you lol.

Neil Citro

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

Come on Scott - Wendy would approve - right - after all it's only $$$. Rob Cate&Rob Thanks for the vitrifaction of what I was thinking., Like you I had look into this arrangement in the past. Neil ncitro Keep warning us - especially Scott . If I had a bigger unit (Dream on Keith like SWMBO would approve) .JIM I am jealous. That floor plan is perfect. TucsonJim hope its working out..

The Lippert Center Point equalizer system might be a cool upgrade..

Safe travels everyone.

Side note
                      Dash cam did not get done today - needed to harrow the pastier but I have a dead battery - its only 8 years old - dang cheep Die Hard

Also need to hook up the tiller to the tractor, but the PTO connection, aligning the splines, is giving me grief. I'll give it a second go in the morning. Its only a 50 HP set up and it is very heavy.. Not fun with my bad back Maybe DW will give me a hand..

Have a great weekend everyone
                      Keith

2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
                      X