Name:	IMG_1045s.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	90228 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1043s.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	90229
    Cross over from the cab to the bed, then up and over the fender well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1042s.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	90230 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1041s.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	90231
    Coming out of the rear of the bed fender well and then up into the bed at the very rear

Name:	IMG_1039s.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	90232 And finally into the bed. Tomorrow the connector goes on and then the test I guessed just right on the length for once. I thought I was going to be short.

If anyone spots anything, please let me know.

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

• OMG Yoda drilled a hole in his new truck!!!

After thinking about it and the remembering I am going to have a storage rack to hold my generators and spar fuel cans right in front of that lower connection I decided to go ahead and trust the force. I did pull the Ford connection box to check behind and use that large hole to get the cable up to where it needed to be.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1058s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.5 KB ID:	90246 I used a spare grommet I had and this time I remembered to get the boot on the wires before doing the Anderson connector pins. I also check the +- orientation. In addition I double checked the pin orientation before crimping.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1059s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.1 KB ID:	90247 All done. When not in use I can tie it to the box link tie down for now. Ill test later - just need to connect the positive power cable to the fuse.I think this location will work well and the hole is the exact size (width) and location I need for the bulkhead fitting cutout later

Thanks for all the help folks

Keith

Update It works.. Well once I remembered to turn on the circuit breaker for the DC-DC at the trailer. My batterys are at 100% but using my cell phone and the Victron Connect app I was able to see an immediate 28A jump then watched it trail off to about 8 amps I did check that the solenoid worked first, then hooked up. All good
      Last edited by Yoda; 07-16-2022, 02:41 PM.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

• Gutsiest move I ever saw, Man!
        Jim and Cindy
        2021 F350 DRW 7.3L
        2021 320G

Comment

• A fabulous build! Thank you for all your thoughtful detail. I am about to start my journey down this road....if only I could figure out what an unfitter switch is. My old Excursion has has no such thing.
          Know how I can get around it to fire up up the solenoid?
          Does the upfitter switch allow you to power up the Anderson plug when the truck is not turned on?

Erik
          Erik & Tea
          2021 Reflection 297RSTS
          2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
          ProPride hitch

Comment

• Originally posted by Popga View Post
            A fabulous build! Thank you for all your thoughtful detail. I am about to start my journey down this road....if only I could figure out what an unfitter switch is. My old Excursion has has no such thing.
            Know how I can get around it to fire up up the solenoid?
            Does the upfitter switch allow you to power up the Anderson plug when the truck is not turned on?

Erik
            Yes I think so - if the key is on to accessory it should work but have not tested it. ( If I read the Ford up-fitter switch directions correctly) You can leave the solenoid out if you want constant power to the plug - it is fused after all. The you would only need a stitch at the RV to turn the DC-DC on. However doing this means yo must remember to kill it if not running as it will drain your truck battery quickly if charging the RV.
            Keith

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoda View Post
              Thanks to howson I had previously bought this crimper kit. Does a great job making crimps. Goes down to 10 awg Price has go up, but you can get it here https://temcoindustrial.com/th0005-v...h-32-die-sets/
              Wow! Good to 600MCM! I've crimped larger wire (750MCM) but only once in a 33 year electrical career. That kit outta have you covered. Even if you fill the truck box with BattleBorns...lol

A lot of good work in this thread Keith!

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              2021 303RLS
              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Yes I think so - if the key is on to accessory it should work but have not tested it. ( If I read the Ford up-fitter switch directions correctly) You can leave the solenoid out if you want constant power to the plug - it is fused after all. The you would only need a stitch at the RV to turn the DC-DC on. However doing this means yo must remember to kill it if not running as it will drain your truck battery quickly if charging the RV.
                Keith
                Great suggestion. Will definitely add a solenoid and figure out an ignition circuit to power it up. Any older Ford users without upfitter switch that can suggest how to best run a wire so the solenoid turns on with ignition?

howson

Also, Howard, or any listeners, your upfitter switch allows you to turn off the solenoid to the DC/DC when the the truck is running?

Erik
                Erik & Tea
                2021 Reflection 297RSTS
                ProPride hitch

Comment

...your upfitter switch allows you to turn off the solenoid to the DC/DC when the the truck is running?
                  Erik--yes. The upfitter switch controls the Solid State Relay used in my setup.

Name:	Renogy DC-DC Charger Schematic v8.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	100394

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                  2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Great suggestion. Will definitely add a solenoid and figure out an ignition circuit to power it up. Any older Ford users without upfitter switch that can suggest how to best run a wire so the solenoid turns on with ignition?

howson

Also, Howard, or any listeners, your upfitter switch allows you to turn off the solenoid to the DC/DC when the the truck is running?

Erik
                    Eric
                    If you pull up the 2022 super duty manual you will find some of the up fitter switches are always hot, and others only ignation on.

BTW I see you have a 2005 6L diesel. You probably if possible need to get rid of it. I had mine cost me over 6K to get running again, then to have the trans start going out. It was an 04 with just over 100K. First EGR cooler failed and contaminated the block and radiator resulting in a blown head gasket. The the high pressure oil pump failed 3 k later. Last I had the main wiring harness that crosses under the egr go bad (short)- this part and numerous other items are not available anymore. Just trying to help.

Keith

Comment

• Yoda

Gee, Thanks a lot....

Mines been bulletproofed...Twice. Heads are new, hp oil pump is new, turbo is new, EGR? no comment, coolant filter, 325A USCustom alternator with custom wiring harness from ficmrepair.com, new ficm (x2)...Tranny is holding on, but when it goes, its still cheaper than a new truck, as I can see from your beautiful rig! We've sat in and test droved every new truck out there, but we LOVE the X!

But, thanks for the love...If only had all my fix and upgrade money back to put a down payment on a new rig....wait, I'd still owe $75k on the new one

Erik

Erik & Tea
                      2021 Reflection 297RSTS
                      ProPride hitch

Comment

Yoda

Gee, Thanks a lot....

Mines been bulletproofed...Twice. Heads are new, hp oil pump is new, turbo is new, EGR? no comment, coolant filter, 325A USCustom alternator with custom wiring harness from ficmrepair.com, new ficm (x2)...Tranny is holding on, but when it goes, its still cheaper than a new truck, as I can see from your beautiful rig! We've sat in and test droved every new truck out there, but we LOVE the X!

But, thanks for the love...If only had all my fix and upgrade money back to put a down payment on a new rig....wait, I'd still owe $75k on the new one

Erik
                        You have had better luck than me with your 6.0 Sounds like you have a good mechanic and proactive. BTW I had ARB studs installed. the diesel doc loved them. As for your EGR it's good you have the problem covered/cured . When they go it is a real mess and does a lot of damage to other stuff.

LOL 75K I wish. if you do get the bug for new, join EAA and use thier partner x-Plan program. Save me about 8K overall. Stock should be improving over the next year or so, so prices night get competitive again.

Safe travels
                        Keith

Comment

• Popga I did an install in my father in laws F150 with no upfitters. We just found a fuse for an ignition switched circuit and used that to trigger a solenoid. Works great. Used these:

PAC PAC-200 200 Amp Relay Battery Isolator, standard https://a.co/d/hxbrbFt

Recoil FT4-10 10 Pack 12V Car Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap Adapter ACZ Blade Fuse/Micro 2 Fuse with 10pcs 10A and 20A Fuses https://a.co/d/j7pVoeK

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

• ncitro

Did that relay just come on with the ignition? Or was it switched separately also?

Erik
                            Erik & Tea
                            2021 Reflection 297RSTS
                            ProPride hitch

Comment

ncitro

Did that relay just come on with the ignition? Or was it switched separately also?

Erik
                              Comes on with the ignition. I think we tapped off the fuse for the wipers.

Neil Citro
                              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

ncitro

Erik
                                Eric on my 04 the fuse block on the drivers side had several open spots. I found in testing that some were always hot and some ignition hot. I was installing and air compressor and needed ignition hot. I used a fuse tap on the hot side and went through a switch and then to the relay. I had the switch in the glove box along with the pressure gauge. It should be very easy to mount a switch on the drivers side lower dash - there may even be a blank spot in the dash, before the relay that powers the DC-DC

Something to think about.
                                Keith

Comment

Working...
                                X